Reasons why I'm glad we lost today

Sexydadbod

31 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Of course it would have been good if we won but I also think there are a few positives today 

1) Removes the air of arrogance and entitlement surrounding the club- the past week or so, the reactions from fans and people working for the club has been borderline cringe worthy- many took the Reading game for granted thinking we would win just because of the wins against Leeds and Norwich . A reality check may be good long term

2) It identifies something to clearly work on during the international break- our recent good form has come as a consequence to the work Rowett and the players put in during the last international break which is from according Rowett himself. It will give the players who haven't gone to play for their countries the motivation to work harder during the break

3) Ilustrates the importance of Keogh to the defence- we were all over the place when he was taken off

4) Shows why we need to sign Ledley on a permanent basis- we have been unbeaten with Ledley in the team. It's no coincidence that the game he is injured, we get battered

5) Why we need to get Thorne back in the team ASAP- Huddlestone has been getting progressively worse over the season but the good results have covered over the cracks. A positive is that Thorne played 90 mins in the under 23s so he will be ready to go after the internationals

6) Shows once again where we need to strengthen in January- an energetic midfielder and another winger( although many of us already knew that)

7) The importance of combinations- I'm not moaning about Winnall's inclusion today because he deserved to start but we have been unbeaten at home when Vydra and Nugent have started up front together. Partnerships are very important so if a similar situation arises in the future, hopefully Rowett will go for what has worked during the course of the season rather than basing who gets to start over their form of a couple of games.

Sensible,constructive post.Got to stay in this frame of mind?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No never glad when we lose..

I don't think it was complacency today, I just think the recent good run might've took it out of one or two...we looked leggy, lethargic, specially first half.

Reading's just one of them fixture's it's hard to get up for... I mean look at the crowd, only 25k, and it's possibly same for the players aswell.

One bad result/performance ain't the end of the world. The international break gives the squad a chance to regroup and go again. 

COYR

It’s championship football, we all know Derby aren’t going to win every game but then when a loss occurs there’s dummies flying. Makes me even more convinced that our fans are a strange lot. We’ve just put a great run together and there’s tweets saying ‘the last 2 wins were a waste of time’ because we got it all wrong in this game. 

Im imagining these fans with their kids when they fail an exam. ‘I’m done with you, you waste of space, all that study wasted, you’ll never amount to anything’. :D

51 minutes ago, Ewe Ram said:

It’s championship football, we all know Derby aren’t going to win every game but then when a loss occurs there’s dummies flying. Makes me even more convinced that our fans are a strange lot. We’ve just put a great run together and there’s tweets saying ‘the last 2 wins were a waste of time’ because we got it all wrong in this game. 

Im imagining these fans with their kids when they fail an exam. ‘I’m done with you, you waste of space, all that study wasted, you’ll never amount to anything’. :D

Take off the blinkers.

Performances matter and results have blinded the happy clappers to the evidence their eyes will have delivered

1 hour ago, sunnyhill60 said:

Take off the blinkers.

Performances matter and results have blinded the happy clappers to the evidence their eyes will have delivered

I don’t wear blinkers. It’s just that I don’t get so silly about it all. I’ve supported Derby many years and I think I know how it goes. I don’t start prophecising top 2 when we win a few and I don’t get mardy when we get it wrong. I like Championship football, days like that are what happen to most teams in this league. Don’t give me ‘happy clapper’ either, if you can’t go to watch without crying in your beer if we lose then you need to have a word with yourself. 

9 hours ago, nottingram said:

Three or so minutes in today you could tell we weren't really 'at it.' Just seemed happy to be passive and let Reading play and I think it all comes down to underestimating them. Pretty inexcusable really. Took Gunter playing the t**** to wake everyone up.

This has been a feature of Derby’s play for a while now. 

Get a touch of the ball by playing safe Chuckle Brother passes (to me, to you). Don’t commit yourself and get out of position. See what the opposition has to offer so you can reorganise.

This isn’t a Rowett thing. I think it’s indicative of a slight lack of confidence.

This team has been labelled as under-performers by many in football.

I hope they can shake off this one poor performance and prove the doubters wrong.

10 hours ago, McLovin said:

Of course it would have been good if we won but I also think there are a few positives today 

1) Removes the air of arrogance and entitlement surrounding the club- the past week or so, the reactions from fans and people working for the club has been borderline cringe worthy- many took the Reading game for granted thinking we would win just because of the wins against Leeds and Norwich . A reality check may be good long term

2) It identifies something to clearly work on during the international break- our recent good form has come as a consequence to the work Rowett and the players put in during the last international break which is from according Rowett himself. It will give the players who haven't gone to play for their countries the motivation to work harder during the break

3) Ilustrates the importance of Keogh to the defence- we were all over the place when he was taken off

4) Shows why we need to sign Ledley on a permanent basis- we have been unbeaten with Ledley in the team. It's no coincidence that the game he is injured, we get battered

5) Why we need to get Thorne back in the team ASAP- Huddlestone has been getting progressively worse over the season but the good results have covered over the cracks. A positive is that Thorne played 90 mins in the under 23s so he will be ready to go after the internationals

6) Shows once again where we need to strengthen in January- an energetic midfielder and another winger( although many of us already knew that)

7) The importance of combinations- I'm not moaning about Winnall's inclusion today because he deserved to start but we have been unbeaten at home when Vydra and Nugent have started up front together. Partnerships are very important so if a similar situation arises in the future, hopefully Rowett will go for what has worked during the course of the season rather than basing who gets to start over their form of a couple of games.

Not sure that even all this if valid would justify the total incompetence of the performance yesterday. Lets not forget this was self-inflicted and responsibility starts with Rowett.  - he failed yesterday.

9 hours ago, McLovin said:

All sensible points. But really, all these were known before yesterday. We didn't need another tonking to tell us this.

What I was interested to see was how Gary reacted to adversity and I was generally disappointed with his lack of imagination and reversion to previous failures.

He had, I thought, already learnt but seemingly not. Anybody heard his reaction to the game yet?

Defeats are the only way you learn so hopefully we can react I this defeat the same way we reacted to Bristol and go on another run.

Think most people are under no illusions and while yesterday there was an element of being one of those days where it just didn't happen, with uncharacteristic mistakes undoing us, there are also some issues highlighted. Many have been highlighted in other posts, notably our dependence on Keogh and how important he is to us. But Huddlestone can no longer be defended, Thorne has to come in now. And Left Back is a real problem right now, Fozzy isn't the same (real shame and hope he can turn it round) and with Olsson also being average, we need Lowe back fit or this another area we need to address in January.

Work in progress, if we're in touch with playoffs by January and we can do some more wheeling and dealing, then we should be closer to the team Rowett wants and be able to mount a playoff push.

In his defence, Fozzy played really well at both Norwich and Leeds and several commented that he was back to his best. 

He had a nightmare yesterday but it was one game. Also played on the side that had a very below par Davies, no Ledley and little support from Lawrence.

I have seen Max play several times for under 23s and he's not nearly ready yet.

On your other points , I agree about Thorne and hope he gets another 90 under his belt against Forest on Monday. I was disappointed with Huddlestone yesterday. After a good recovery from his mistake at Leeds on Tuesday he seemed to go missing yesterday. We were looking for leaders on the pitch to replace Keogh and he wasn't one of them.

Johnson did well going forward but doesn't offer Ledley's defensive reassurance. I like him further forwards and maybe losing the luxury of two wingers is compensated for by that extra presence in midfield.  

Lots of praise for Russell yesterday but I thought he had a poor first half and only really got going after he scored. 

15 hours ago, McLovin said:

It's all about seeing the bigger picture. If losing today helps us in the longer term, then losing today in the way we did isn't necessarily a bad thing and SHOULD prevent it from happening again in the future if Rowett learns from today.

Hmmm, not so sure that capitulating against a very poor team, to the extent of making them look world beaters, is a precursor to success. Just my opinion of course.

3 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Should have a poll to ask how many of the team and management should be sacked and/or ritually disembowelled during the international break :lol:

Mods, can we have one?

Hypothetically three members of the first team squad and management will be sent to "the farm" for "processing" which three and why?

9 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Should have a poll to ask how many of the team and management should be sacked and/or ritually disembowelled during the international break :lol:

I’ve said for a long time we should bring the stocks back and the non triers/under performers should go in them before the following game.

Pelting them with rotten veg should do wonders for morale/performance.

You can have some for fans too,people who boo,leave before the end or who are just c****.

2 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

I’ve said for a long time we should bring the stocks back and the non triers/under performers should go in them before the following game.

Pelting them with rotten veg should do wonders for morale/performance.

You can have some for fans too,people who boo,leave before the end or who are just c****.

We could try forum stocks?

The mods put up a thread with the under-performing member and their crimes against the forum and they can't post whilst everyone else gets to send pelters at them?

There is nothing positive about yesterday’s game whatsoever. The best thing to do is not to dwell on it, just move on. We gained no points, we gained an injury to one of our best players. We gained nothing we didn’t already know about our squads weak areas. We lost confidence, we lost the belief around the club that things were happening. Essentially we just  lost. But I got up this morning and so did the sun, so life goes on

Archived