Reasons why I'm glad we lost today

Sexydadbod

Of course it would have been good if we won but I also think there are a few positives today 

1) Removes the air of arrogance and entitlement surrounding the club- the past week or so, the reactions from fans and people working for the club has been borderline cringe worthy- many took the Reading game for granted thinking we would win just because of the wins against Leeds and Norwich . A reality check may be good long term

2) It identifies something to clearly work on during the international break- our recent good form has come as a consequence to the work Rowett and the players put in during the last international break which is from according Rowett himself. It will give the players who haven't gone to play for their countries the motivation to work harder during the break

3) Ilustrates the importance of Keogh to the defence- we were all over the place when he was taken off

4) Shows why we need to sign Ledley on a permanent basis- we have been unbeaten with Ledley in the team. It's no coincidence that the game he is injured, we get battered

5) Why we need to get Thorne back in the team ASAP- Huddlestone has been getting progressively worse over the season but the good results have covered over the cracks. A positive is that Thorne played 90 mins in the under 23s so he will be ready to go after the internationals

6) Shows once again where we need to strengthen in January- an energetic midfielder and another winger( although many of us already knew that)

7) The importance of combinations- I'm not moaning about Winnall's inclusion today because he deserved to start but we have been unbeaten at home when Vydra and Nugent have started up front together. Partnerships are very important so if a similar situation arises in the future, hopefully Rowett will go for what has worked during the course of the season rather than basing who gets to start over their form of a couple of games.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, DEL said:

How the hell can you so glad that Derby lost? You're not a fan. 

It's all about seeing the bigger picture. If losing today helps us in the longer term, then losing today in the way we did isn't necessarily a bad thing and SHOULD prevent it from happening again in the future if Rowett learns from today.

3 minutes ago, DEL said:

Change the title then. No Derby fans would be glad to see their team lost. 

But if it helps us long term then I will be glad that we lost today and anyway, would you have clicked on the thread if it wasn't for the thread title. No worse than those click bait newspaper articles  ;)

8 minutes ago, DEL said:

How the hell can you so glad that Derby lost? You're not a fan. 

It might help to read the post before replying in future. Just trying to pick positives out of a bad day.

The title is a bit misleading but it's 2017. Clickbaiting is in fashion right now.

Yeah I agree with all that. I really thought we'd bring in another winger for competition in the summer and we definitely need it. We should be able to drop Lawrence or Russell or both but we just don't have any alternatives and they both know that.

And was that capitulation today due to Keogh's injury? You'd think Pearce & Davies would be able to steady the ship but maybe not?? Hope Keogh's fit!

Archived