Reasons why I'm glad we lost today

Sexydadbod

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, McLovin said:

4) Shows why we need to sign Ledley on a permanent basis- we have been unbeaten with Ledley in the team. It's no coincidence that the game he is injured, we get battered

5) Why we need to get Thorne back in the team ASAP- Huddlestone has been getting progressively worse over the season but the good results have covered over the cracks. A positive is that Thorne played 90 mins in the under 23s so he will be ready to go after the internationals

Our performances have not been good with Ledley in the side, the results have been. Huddlestone looks overwhelmed when he is partnering someone who isn't doing their job properly (Johnson) often enough or is simply there to make up numbers in the middle (Ledley). Drop Huddlestone for one game and let these two play alongside each other then maybe you will see the problem is not Huddlestone. 

Johnson, in the second half, was playing the role better. Getting stuck in and driving forward to keep the pressure on that the forwards were applying. 

Ledley just doesn't have a USP for me, other than do everything to an average level and not doing anything stupid. He's a squad player, not a starter. 

Anybody "in the know" heard about how Joe Ledley is doing today? 

Somebody wrote last week how good this team was with respect to injuries - or resistance to critical injuries putting the team in a poor place.

I think we can now put this to the test?

If RK and JL recover for the next match. And we beat Fulham 2-0. Everyone will forget this match...if GT plays and we win...everyone will say "back on track".

I suppose we like the idea of having 4 class strikers. (Nuge, Vids, CM and Sammy).  But have we got 4 class centre backs ? Yesterday would indicate GR needs to get another RK alternative???

But GR used to play at the back  - he should already know that. 

I don't know why Wisdom doesn't make more runs. The guys a tank. Doesn't matter if he can't always have an end product. Defenders can't deal with his pace and power. Always results in something positive for us. He showed that in the second half yesterday until he finally broke free and put in an excellent cross. 

1 hour ago, Uptherams said:

I don't know why Wisdom doesn't make more runs. The guys a tank. Doesn't matter if he can't always have an end product. Defenders can't deal with his pace and power. Always results in something positive for us. He showed that in the second half yesterday until he finally broke free and put in an excellent cross. 

Not sure he has the stamina to do it all game. As you said the mans a tank, moving up and down the pitch is more demanding for him than others. He looked completely dead after the few he did yesterday.

Archived