Let's look at the positives.

RiddingsRam

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

I am all for positivity.......................... So, let's have reality and not just happyclappy positivity. :mellow:

Okaaaaay...

Anyway, "reality" is entirely subjective depending if you are a glass half full/empty person. It's perfectly reasonable for people to have either emotion about where we currently are, so to label anyone trying to be optimistic as "happyclappy" is a bit off, IMO.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, poor old Giles. Instrumental in setting up and scoring the goals that got us promoted. Played through pain to set up the winner at Wembley. Should've stepped up with a bigger club but injury did him no favours. Now resurrected his career in the USA and plays international football. He's looking at us 2 and wondering when his 'sliding doors' moment truly fudged his life up ;)

i didn't think my post was negative. Some facts I think but nothing calling for Gary to go. Although I've said my piece in previous weeks about the past form, current form and Rowett's suitability and potential, as a relatively new employee he should get til next summer before any career changing decisions are made. I believe Mel will give him that time unless he's steering us for Div3; which I don't think he will.

When the good points are there to be raised, I'll celebrate them. That doesn't include misnomers about unbeaten in 3, developing youth talent, improving the defence etc.

If I'm only allowed the odd whinge after matches but to not have an objective opinion during Sunday to Friday, I'm disappointed. 

Anyway, best wishes all.

2 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

He kind of did.

I kind of didn't say anything.

Just that in my opinion this will be the game that shows what he is made of and the team that he has built. If we lost say 3-0 to forest, fans would be up in arms and Mel may have to take action...im not saying I agree with that.

As for it being only October, Clough was sacked in September, as was Pearson.

1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

And look how Giles Barnes turned out. Max Bird is 16 and Rowetts had the balls to introduce to the first team squad

What's the point in being negative regarding your club ? Where's that going to get you ? What good does it do for anyone ? I get having the odd whinge and moan after a defeat we all do that. I really don't see the point if you never try and look for positives and are always picking out the bad points. 

I wouldn't go so far as to say he's had the balls to do it, more that he left himself no other choice by letting all our other fit midfielders (including Elsnik from the U23s) go out on loan. 

Make no mistake, had Bryson, Butterfield or Elsnik been here, Bird wouldn't have played that Barnsley game.

His lack of time on the bench and the fact Rowett has had to sign Ledley since then is a true indicator of where Rowett sees him this season.

46 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Okaaaaay...

Anyway, "reality" is entirely subjective depending if you are a glass half full/empty person. It's perfectly reasonable for people to have either emotion about where we currently are, so to label anyone trying to be optimistic as "happyclappy" is a bit off, IMO.

That's that's quite true Wolfie; as Sigmund Freud once said, in between draws on his Cuban cigar and snorts of pure cocaine, "we do not see things as they are, we see things as we are".

So for me there are fewer positives than negatives. As our good friend @Tim Bucktoo so cogently expressed it, there are a number of those "positives" that do not stand up to scrutiny....I don't need to repeat them.

So, if you are the kind of person who sees lots of positives that are not "really" there, it does tend to mark you out as a "happyclapper". 

2 hours ago, DRBee said:

Think you need to actually identify things which (a) are good news      (b) down to GR . Your list doesn't really do this  - it's pants!

We have moved from 4 3 3  but results since have not been wonderful as we dont ( thanks to GR have a team to suit.

What is our assured defensive unit. Does GR know? Is  one clean sheet sufficient evidence? (Our defence was quite good this time last season) 

You can always make a profit by selling the best players

How exactly is GR responsible for the emergence of  Bird?

Clements dead wood movers are still on the club's books !

Alleluija! A Derby fan/poster with sound judgement...great post Sir. 

I don't see myself as a happy clapper or a wrist slasher, but I do wish some people would get a grip and stop moaning for the sake of it. Wasn't that long ago that we had a thoroughly entertaining game and won 5-0, but still we had people moaning.

Just give Gary time and then let rip, but at the moment the moaners come across as wanting their club to fail so they can say "look I told you so".

12 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Dear oh dear , try and find some positive points out there and all you get is negative comments. I give up. 

I think the problem is that they weren't really positives, and people will always challenge things written on a forum, that's the whole point of it, isn't it?

Just now, KCG said:

I don't see myself as a happy clapper or a wrist slasher, but I do wish some people would get a grip and stop moaning for the sake of it. Wasn't that long ago that we had a thoroughly entertaining game and won 5-0, but still we had people moaning.

Just give Gary time and then let rip, but at the moment the moaners come across as wanting their club to fail so they can say "look I told you so".

Exactly. To a tiny minority of 'fans', proving their criticism at the expense of the club being successful is paramount. I'm not convinced that Rowett was the right choice when he was appointed but to now even consider changing the manager again would be ludicrous.

4 minutes ago, KCG said:

Even then, those people weren't moaning for the sake of moaning. They were pointing out that one swallow does not make a summer and that there were frailties in the team that could be taken advantage of. They were proven right the next game. 

No one wants their club to fail. Criticism of transfers or tactics or performances does not mean you want the club to fail. 

3 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

I think the problem is that they weren't really positives, and people will always challenge things written on a forum, that's the whole point of it, isn't it?

Welcome AdamRam, that Sir, in a nutshell. Not everybody "gets it" do they? In "Happyclappyland" you may have to spell things out several times before people make the requisite logical-deduction. Now sing after me, 1-2-3 "ha-ppy again, hap...py again...oh yeah, be-ware, we're hap-pee again..." {repeat ad infinitum, ad nauseum...}:mellow:

53 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Welcome AdamRam, that Sir, in a nutshell. Not everybody "gets it" do they? In "Happyclappyland" you may have to spell things out several times before people make the requisite logical-deduction. Now sing after me, 1-2-3 "ha-ppy again, hap...py again...oh yeah, be-ware, we're hap-pee again..." {repeat ad infinitum, ad nauseum...}:mellow:

Another comment from you that adds nothing to a discussion. 

20 hours ago, smiths_tavrn said:

The player who has been removed from the under 18 squad (official site) since the start of the season appears to be Brandon Hitchman. No nothing about the guy but It does seem a bit odd that there's not one snippet of information about him no longer being in the squad. 

http://youthhawk.co.uk/wiki/Derby_County_Under-18s

49 minutes ago, KCG said:

KCG. Excellent post I'm sure there are posters a on here who I hated the fact we won 5-0 they must have been tearing their hair out One even said we didn't deserve to win because Hull missed a few chances Your right give Rowett time he falls on his sword that's the time to moan Some of the problems at the moment are his own doing his own doing only having 3 midfielders being one but its not his fault we're paying 9 strikers

2 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Dear oh dear , try and find some positive points out there and all you get is negative comments. I give up. 

Because half of them weren't even positive, they were misnomers and irrelevances.

Changing formation isn't anything, it's not good or bad, it's just a thing. 

2 minutes ago, cannable said:

Because half of them weren't even positive, they were misnomers and irrelevances.

Changing formation isn't anything, it's not good or bad, it's just a thing. 

So having a team that can only play in one formation and one style of play is a positive thing is it ? Changing formation wins or loses you matches how can you say it not important ? 

Archived