Let's look at the positives.

RiddingsRam

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 4-5-1/4-3-3 system we played with Ward/Martin & Russell worked so well because we they could all interchange positions and create space for Hughes, Hendrick & Bryson to do the things they were good at.

Martin would often get the ball in a wide position, but Russell or Ward would then move inside and the other come in from the opposite wing. The interchanges between them were brilliant.

Unfortunately I believe all that movement started to disappear with the arrival of Ince and him taking over from Ward and always playing wide right position.

Not 100% sure this works as a positive per se...

I think that now after 10 games, Rowetts has had the chance to have a good ol’ look at things, and there are hints that he’s working towards a core squad. Aside Anya, you can say most players have had reasonable game time to show what they can do. It’s possibly part of the reason why Wiemann has started so many games, as it meant he could have a proper look at him whilst also setting Russell the challenge of getting back in and staying there/contributing. I think that’s also why he carried on with Vydra/Nugent partnership, he gave them the chance to show what they could do, but also set up the challenge for Martin/Winnall to get themselves back in.

I could be wrong but essentially I think he’s given a kick up the rear to say you need to prove yourself to a few whilst letting others show what they can do. I think Cardiff was the beginning of this.

Also Joe Ledley is quite good.

1 hour ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Rowett reminds me of Southgate. Derby remind me of England. Wembley reminds me PP. Slovenia remind me of Plymouth Argyle. I hope Hart isn't Steve Cherry.

I looked at England's line up tonight and thought they'll play exactly like we do.

20 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Hart is more Martin Taylor imo. 

Not a disaster, but nobody can quite work out why he keeps being picked :lol:

I always thought Taylor was a decent and very brave keeper until Dave Regis tried to kill him. (Should have done time for that "challenge" imo).

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

The positives are we won and didn't concede.

For balance, we were boring, nervous and the opposition had good chances to score. Just like last week and throughout the season.

We couldn't dominate or outplay 10 men. 

A lot fans are still staying away.

Its nice to win though.

I certainly wasn't bored ! We weren't the best but boring ? No ! 

Why do you think we were nervous ? Anything to do with the negativity made by some sections of our support at the first misplaced or even backwards pass?

Never think we were set up to dominate play against 8 men never mind 10 . We  were set up to press and counter against a solid and organised team which we did . 

If fans want to stay away then let them passed caring.  I'll keep going.

12 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

I certainly wasn't bored ! We weren't the best but boring ? No ! 

Why do you think we were nervous ? Anything to do with the negativity made by some sections of our support at the first misplaced or even backwards pass?

Never think we were set up to dominate play against 8 men never mind 10 . We  were set up to press and counter against a solid and organised team which we did . 

If fans want to stay away then let them passed caring.  I'll keep going.

Exactly, the way Gary is setting us up we are never going to dominate teams. 

However, going forward on the break we are looking dangerous. 

Fans better get used to games against mid table / lower table teams that maybe a touch frustrating. I think the fans will slowly get used to it. 

Plenty of positives, unbeaten in five, two clean sheets in the last two games, beating our local rivals, up to eighth in the league, defence looking solid,  two wins on the bounce, Carson not having a save to make all game today, Vydra and Nugent forming a great partnership upfront, Russell getting back to his best, Lawrance looking better every game, can not wait to see how we do in our next two tough away games, I predict 3 or 4 points, that's how positive I am feeling.

47 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

The positives are we won and didn't concede.

For balance, we were boring, nervous and the opposition had good chances to score. Just like last week and throughout the season.

We couldn't dominate or outplay 10 men. 

A lot fans are still staying away.

Its nice to win though.

Good, they are only moaning bar stewards anyway.

Archived