Let's look at the positives.

RiddingsRam

Just now, RiddingsRam said:

So having a team that can only play in one formation and one style of play is a positive thing is it ? Changing formation wins or loses you matches how can you say it not important ? 

We can't change formation now as much as we couldn't a year ago? 

Changinh formation is only important if you're consistently the underdog and need to 'do a job' on everyone. 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

Another comment from you that adds nothing to a discussion. 

I beg to differ Sir and refer you to the point of the post by @AdamRam. If that doesn't work, go back and re-read from the start...at some point you might feel a sensation that is akin to a penny dropping through a slot...:mellow:

Personally, I gave up being positive after Clement got the bullet despite his significantly better record, 5th position in the league and clear direction. Then there was Mac 2, shunted not long after an 8 match winning run having inherited a side in the relegation zone and had us knocking on the door of the play-offs. Despite my plea's for patience and positivity then, many of the "moaners" seem to have undergone a remarkable transformation, despite all the statistics, evidence and downright current cr*p to watch football telling them they're wrong.

I'll stop moaning when the moaners stop moaning......and not a minute before!......I thanken you!

Anyway, I predict DLDLL in the next 5 and he'll be gone. Making all this conjecture futile.

5 minutes ago, The Arch Deacon said:

Personally, I gave up being positive after Clement got the bullet despite his significantly better record, 5th position in the league and clear direction. Then there was Mac 2, shunted not long after an 8 match winning run having inherited a side in the relegation zone and had us knocking on the door of the play-offs. Despite my plea's for patience and positivity then, many of the "moaners" seem to have undergone a remarkable transformation, despite all the statistics, evidence and downright current cr*p to watch football telling them they're wrong.

I'll stop moaning when the moaners stop moaning......and not a minute before!......I thanken you!

Anyway, I predict DLDLL in the next 5 and he'll be gone. Making all this conjecture futile.

At this point please could the real moaners make themselves known...:mellow:

8 hours ago, Harrowram said:

Beat the Red Dogs, beat the Owls and go into tough away games at Norwich and Leeds with confidence.

4 very tough games even when we were playing well this run would be hard! i hope GR can get us sorted over the international period

6 hours ago, CHCDerby said:

Rowett should be here, no matter what, until the end of the season. 

I kind of agree he needs time but what if we are where we are now at xmas you must be looking towards relegation battle surely you can keep him then? we have declined massively 

46 minutes ago, The Arch Deacon said:

I think results will be better than that. Don't think the play will be great, but I suspect GR will be thinking that we are getting to the stage of being able to "do a job" on more or less any team.

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

I beg to differ Sir and refer you to the point of the post by @AdamRam. If that doesn't work, go back and re-read from the start...at some point you might feel a sensation that is akin to a penny dropping through a slot...:mellow:

What's the penny got to drop for ? The fact I can open my eyes and see some signs of positivity.

1 hour ago, The Arch Deacon said:

Anyway, if you start a thread entitled "Let's look at the positives" surely you're setting yourself up to receive a few negatives. This is a forum after all, not a mutual admiration society. Unless of course RiddingsRam is Kim Jong Un, in which case as a moaner I fully expect to get nuked!

I wouldn't expect any less than being moaned at on here.

2 hours ago, cannable said:

We can't change formation now as much as we couldn't a year ago? 

Changinh formation is only important if you're consistently the underdog and need to 'do a job' on everyone. 

Why couldn't we ? Pearson tried to do it and there was a meltdown. Mac tried to change from 4 3 3 when he was under the cosh and it didn't work. With options GR now has ( mainly in the forward areas ) we can go from 4 3 3 , 4 2 3 1 , 4 4 2 and maybe even 3 at the back would work with the additions of Davies and Wisdom. 

4 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Welcome AdamRam, that Sir, in a nutshell. Not everybody "gets it" do they? In "Happyclappyland" you may have to spell things out several times before people make the requisite logical-deduction. Now sing after me, 1-2-3 "ha-ppy again, hap...py again...oh yeah, be-ware, we're hap-pee again..." {repeat ad infinitum, ad nauseum...}:mellow:

Just to add it's not being a "happyclapper" its about being a supporter of a football club supporter that is,  not the first chance to jump on the managers back when things go differently than you expected. 

7 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Okaaaaay...

Anyway, "reality" is entirely subjective depending if you are a glass half full/empty person. It's perfectly reasonable for people to have either emotion about where we currently are, so to label anyone trying to be optimistic as "happyclappy" is a bit off, IMO.

Well said ! 

25 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Just to add it's not being a "happyclapper" its about being a supporter of a football club supporter that is,  not the first chance to jump on the managers back when things go differently than you expected. 

Who has "jumped on the manager's back"?. Not me.

I merely agreed with another poster who pointed out that half a dozen or so positives did not really hold water or bear scrutiny. If you re-read the posts and think about it, you will probably see that he was right. 

9 hours ago, CHCDerby said:

Rowett should be here, no matter what, until the end of the season. 

I actually think it would be better to get rid of your manager in a January window rather than in the summer. This way gives the incumbent a few months to actually look at the squad and see who should stay and who should go.

Any new manager would probably deliver the same old BS that all players have a fresh start and will get a chance to impress.

59 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Who has "jumped on the manager's back"?. Not me.

I merely agreed with another poster who pointed out that half a dozen or so positives did not really hold water or bear scrutiny. If you re-read the posts and think about it, you will probably see that he was right. 

I don't need to go back and read what I put. I wouldn't have started the thread if I didn't think there was a reason to start the thread. Probably a difference in expectations.

38 minutes ago, rammieib said:

I actually think it would be better to get rid of your manager in a January window rather than in the summer. This way gives the incumbent a few months to actually look at the squad and see who should stay and who should go.

Any new manager would probably deliver the same old BS that all players have a fresh start and will get a chance to impress.

Like Wassall did. Unless it's catastrophic I think the manager needs time, not just ours , any.

Archived