Let's look at the positives.

RiddingsRam

36 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

I certainly wasn't bored ! We weren't the best but boring ? No ! 

Why do you think we were nervous ? Anything to do with the negativity made by some sections of our support at the first misplaced or even backwards pass?

Never think we were set up to dominate play against 8 men never mind 10 . We  were set up to press and counter against a solid and organised team which we did . 

If fans want to stay away then let them passed caring.  I'll keep going.

Youre right, it wasn't the best. But chill - I've described my perception of the game.   

I've no idea why we appear to be nervous. The crowd weren't on their back and didn't contribute to the sitting back and allowing teams to attack us. 

As I say, we won but it wasn't pretty v 10 men. 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 03/10/2017 at 08:14, RiddingsRam said:

So many negative threads pop up regarding Gary Rowett and I feel so many hot and have lost faith in him already so instead of looking at the negagive a let's have a look at the positives instilled by Gary Rowett. 

*Moved us away from 4 3 3 , which we were stuck in a rut with.

* More assured defensive unit (on the whole)

* Made a profit in the window 

* Emergence of another academy prospect in Max Bird 

* Cleared some of Clements dead wood

That's just a start , I for one hope Rowett is around for a long time he's got a big job on his hands here , we know that , I'm afraid were not as good as many on here think we are , but we could be , we have the backing , the manager just need the time. Keep the faith and let's beat them Red dogs on the 15 th ?⚽️?

If we go up our season ticket will cost £0.00. So let's hope we do.

29 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Plenty of positives, unbeaten in five, two clean sheets in the last two games......cant wait to see how we do in our next two tough away games, I predict 3 or 4 points, that's how positive I am feeling.

Unbeaten runs are very good because it puts pressure on the opposition. They feel they have to that bit extra to win...can cause them to make mistakes.

In the grand scheme of things - two draws wouldn't be a bad return. If Leeds and Norwich win they go 3 points over us. Draws means parity. 

Winning all your home games and drawing all your away games is table topping form.

Right now I'd settle for a draw at Leeds and a win at Norwich.

Two wins - that would be very good!

8 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

Never think we were set up to dominate play against 8 men never mind 10 . We  were set up to press and counter against a solid and organised team which we did . 

...but there's the thing...once Wednesday went down to 10 men they adopted the same tactic (stay behind the ball, keep shape, transition to attack swiftly and counter-punch) ...so effectively it became 2 turgid teams. As the home side I would have expected us to be more adventurous, yet we didn't seem to have the courage to take them on...

5 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

...but there's the thing...once Wednesday went down to 10 men they adopted the same tactic (stay behind the ball, keep shape, transition to attack swiftly and counter-punch) ...so effectively it became 2 turgid teams. As the home side I would have expected us to be more adventurous, yet we didn't seem to have the courage to take them on...

It was just the accuracy of the passing in the final third which let us down. In the first half when Wednesday were more ambitious there was space (Vydra penalty and Lawrence chance). In the second they sat deeper and we needed snappier passing to get round them. Time and again the pass was intercepted or the cross was poor. 

It was just one of those days.

Rowett knows we need to improve but he can’t put the passes in for them.

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

We were certainly more adventurous than we have been but training all week as though they were going to dominate the possession then after 3 minutes the shoe was on the other foot was probably a shock to the system. I agree though there were times when they had a solid back 5 with 2 sat in front and we struggled to break that down. 

I think we’ve witnessed this type of performance many times before...

I believe teams have regularly come to PP with the intention of taking 1 point and have subsequently done the following 

4-1-4-1 counterattacking compressed formation and took every opportunity to time waste as was clear yesterday with Westwood. 

We have also seen this performance before from our players when trying to get the manager the boot. At 1-0 down Westwood was time wasting at every given opportunity. 

I think the later was the case yesterday! Player power and all that. 

2 hours ago, Ellafella said:

....... nobody can argue with the fact that we weren't at our best or playing great football but, particularly in the 2nd half Wednesday sat back deep waiting for our play to break down and counter attack us. Living in South Yorkshire I know plenty of their fans and that's how they set up.  Our biggest risk to conceding was trying to force the play and conceding possession.  Some of that was driven by the groans in the crowd when we played it around at the back patiently trying to draw them out. We then tried to pick out the impossible pass or play it long and gave the ball away...... we were winning 1 - 0 not drawing / losing!  A 2nd goal in the first half would have opened the game up for us and I suspect we'd have gone on to get 4.

Our play is far from being the finished article, we concede too many chances for my liking but I do feel we are moving in the right direction.  We need to put a cap on expectation though as we could easily lose our next 2 tough away games.  Anything more than a point will be another sign of things going the right way......  but only a sign!

4 minutes ago, Donnyram said:

....... nobody can argue with the fact that we weren't at our best or playing great football but, particularly in the 2nd half Wednesday sat back deep waiting for our play to break down and counter attack us. Living in South Yorkshire I know plenty of their fans and that's how they set up.  Our biggest risk to conceding was trying to force the play and conceding possession.  Some of that was driven by the groans in the crowd when we played it around at the back patiently trying to draw them out. We then tried to pick out the impossible pass or play it long and gave the ball away...... we were winning 1 - 0 not drawing / losing!  A 2nd goal in the first half would have opened the game up for us and I suspect we'd have gone on to get 4.

Our play is far from being the finished article, we concede too many chances for my liking but I do feel we are moving in the right direction.  We need to put a cap on expectation though as we could easily lose our next 2 tough away games.  Anything more than a point will be another sign of things going the right way......  but only a sign!

It's not about expectation for me...I'll be ok with losing the next 2 if they are competitive games where we are close to the opposition in all departments. Not blown away like at Sheffield, Bristol, 

3 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

It's not about expectation for me...I'll be ok with losing the next 2 if they are competitive games where we are close to the opposition in all departments. Not blown away like at Sheffield, Bristol, 

I thought we were trading possession ball for Rowett-ball as the 'win at any cost' option? We had better win at least one of the next two games, shirley?!

15 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Agreed completely, unfortunately not everyone has the same balanced views and it's either euphoric and we are promotion certainties or wrist slashing and Rowett needs to go.  Normal split of opinions but the extremes seem to be the most vocal ?

Archived