Let's look at the positives.

RiddingsRam

So many negative threads pop up regarding Gary Rowett and I feel so many hot and have lost faith in him already so instead of looking at the negagive a let's have a look at the positives instilled by Gary Rowett. 

*Moved us away from 4 3 3 , which we were stuck in a rut with.

* More assured defensive unit (on the whole)

* Made a profit in the window 

* Emergence of another academy prospect in Max Bird 

* Cleared some of Clements dead wood

That's just a start , I for one hope Rowett is around for a long time he's got a big job on his hands here , we know that , I'm afraid were not as good as many on here think we are , but we could be , we have the backing , the manager just need the time. Keep the faith and let's beat them Red dogs on the 15 th ?⚽️?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I think the Forest game will be the one that sways opinion.

I expect to see Nugent and Vydra on that pitch, at least some attacking intent to win the game. If we win the game he gets more time, lose it however and i can see his days being numbered.

Fine margains. 

Shouldn't be judged on that game alone though should he ? We need to look at the bigger picture. Of course I want to win it but being sacked for one game. 

2 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Shouldn't be judged on that game alone though should he ? We need to look at the bigger picture. Of course I want to win it but being sacked for one game. 

He hasn't suggested that GR would be sacked for one game.

1 hour ago, RiddingsRam said:

So many negative threads pop up regarding Gary Rowett and I feel so many hot and have lost faith in him already so instead of looking at the negagive a let's have a look at the positives instilled by Gary Rowett. 

That's just a start , I for one hope Rowett is around for a long time he's got a big job on his hands here , we know that , I'm afraid were not as good as many on here think we are , but we could be , we have the backing , the manager just need the time. Keep the faith and let's beat them Red dogs on the 15 th ?⚽️?

Think you need to actually identify things which (a) are good news      (b) down to GR . Your list doesn't really do this  - it's pants!

We have moved from 4 3 3  but results since have not been wonderful as we dont ( thanks to GR have a team to suit.

What is our assured defensive unit. Does GR know? Is  one clean sheet sufficient evidence? (Our defence was quite good this time last season) 

You can always make a profit by selling the best players

How exactly is GR responsible for the emergence of  Bird?

Clements dead wood movers are still on the club's books !

- what is our formation now? 433?

- the defence wasnt a big problem. Aren't we conceding more now anyway? 

- we sold our best players and replaced them with lesser players. Hence a profit.

- Bird is not Rowett's doing. And he's hardly had a Giles Barnes emergence.

- And brought in some players yet to prove themselves. But I hope they do.

fair play for the positivity but it's not a solid list of achievements. I certainly wouldn't be bragging to Mel at the next performance meeting if I was Rowett.

Altough, 'finalist of the Steve Bloomer trophy' and 'finalist of the Brian Clough trophy' - now that's an achievement...

Now I'm clapping happily. :mellow:

17 minutes ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

- we sold our best players and replaced them with lesser players. Hence a profit.

fair play for the positivity but it's not a solid list of achievements. I certainly wouldn't be bragging to Mel at the next performance meeting if I was Rowett.

Altough, 'finalist of the Steve Bloomer trophy' and 'finalist of the Brian Clough trophy' - now that's an achievement...

Absolutely Sir!

I asked GR at the Old Bell forum last year if he had his PIs at his fingertips. He assured me he did. I wanted him to run them by me but he chose not to reveal them...

I suspect that some of them are currently "in the red"; most of them are "in the amber" and I cannot think of too many that are "in the green". (Balance the books maybe).

I also suspect that one PI alone is "Do not lose to NFFC".

I am all for positivity. I also remember a photograph of the NFFC bench when Sir BC was in charge ...the team that relegated NFFC (oh happy days!) had just scored the winning goal at the City Ground. The entire bench, apart from BC had their eyes covered. The banner below the photograph read "Good managers are not afraid to face reality". Ok, notwithstanding the irony of what subsequently happened to BC, the message is clear and simple. So, let's have reality and not just happyclappy positivity. :mellow:

Positives? Positives?!

What are you, some kind of hippy or something?!

1 hour ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

And look how Giles Barnes turned out. Max Bird is 16 and Rowetts had the balls to introduce to the first team squad. 

What's the point in being negative regarding your club ? Where's that going to get you ? What good does it do for anyone ? I get having the odd whinge and moan after a defeat we all do that. I really don't see the point if you never try and look for positives and are always picking out the bad points. 

Archived