Players whom have improved since joining us

Inglorius

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It list would be longer if it was how many good  players have gone backwards since they joined us .Look at Russell no world beater but he performed to a lot higher standard than  he currently is who can forget his goal int he Forest 5-0 game ,

Martin gone backwards , Johnson gone backwards ,Butterfield gone bckwards ,Bryson picks up as soon as he leaves the list goes on .I am afraid the club needs to have a good long look at itself 

1 minute ago, King Kevin said:

It list would be longer if it was how many good  players have gone backwards since they joined us .Look at Russell no world beater but he performed to a lot higher standard than  he currently is who can forget his goal int he Forest 5-0 game ,

Martin gone backwards , Johnson gone backwards ,Butterfield gone bckwards ,Bryson picks up as soon as he leaves the list goes on .I am afraid the club needs to have a good long look at itself 

Clubs don't improve players, but managers can - what they teach them, how they use them, how they train them. Therein lies much of our problem - we've had poor managers and secondarily  we've brought in some poor, unmotivated players.

This is why for all the hoopla on here now for how good mcclaren and Clement were - all from those wanting Rowetts head after a handful of games during which he's trying to cull the squad and add fire - they were very poor managers. Nigel Clough helped improve players, and Ince did improve under Mac2 but that was more to inces mindset to work harder and setting Ince free and letting him play. The thread just exposes all that's been wrong the past few seasons and the size of the squad has stopped the youth from playing and improving too.

Maybe it is because we sign players who are doing well at their club and then ask them to play in a different position, role or system. 

Bryson is now playing in an advanced midfield role again at Cardiff and doing well. Who would have thought it. 

26 minutes ago, sage said:

Maybe it is because we sign players who are doing well at their club and then ask them to play in a different position, role or system. 

Bryson is now playing in an advanced midfield role again at Cardiff and doing well. Who would have thought it. 

Baffles me how many managers we've had over the past few seasons that all play players out of their positions. Is Mel still picking the team I wonder :ph34r:

It's a long list of mediocre players. I'm not convinced Ince improved with us. He was good before. When I've seen Hudersfield this season he's played centrally which always seemed the right position for him so he looks better now he's left.

I do have the feeling Carson is playing better now than when at Wigan and he says he's keeping better than any other time in his career.

Other than that, none of them. What does that say about our coaching and facilitiies? This was a point @Ambitiousraised ages ago (I think).

On 25/09/2017 at 13:59, King Kevin said:

So Chris Martin who was struggling at league 2 Swindon yet went out to score 60 goals in his first 3 seasons went backwards? ?

I had a long ponder over this, but I'm not sure whether at this time of the season it's an appropriate question. If we look at this season so far, then of course you would say no one really has, but if we put that into context (we are playing a new system, persistent managerial changes over recent seasons, only 9 games into this season, players possibly not knowing their position at club as managers is transitioning squad) then it's barely a surprise. So the thread is a bit self fulfilling and another chance to moan.

Not saying it's not worthwhile but maybe it might be better to look at this later in the season when hopefully we are a little more settled?

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

It's a long list of mediocre players. I'm not convinced Ince improved with us. He was good before. When I've seen Hudersfield this season he's played centrally which always seemed the right position for him so he looks better now he's left.

Every time I've seen match of the day he seems to be shown in the lineup on the wing - I think he's just drifting inside a lot as he did quite a bit with us

Archived