Kieftenbeld..... has he really signed?

Mafiabob

6 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

So if we get a single midfield injury, we're gonna be forced to use u23s in the starting XI? For a team that in their own words wanted to challenge for the title, that is shocking...

I actually think that would be very interesting and the making of some of them

1 minute ago, Big Bad Bob said:

I'm not going to trawl back through all 43 pages. But I do have a question. If both Kieftenbeld and Birmingham agree to terminate his contract, won't that make him a free agent and therefore able to sign? 

Yes but Birmingham want an initial £300,000 raising to £500,000

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Big Bad Bob said:

I'm not going to trawl back through all 43 pages. But I do have a question. If both Kieftenbeld and Birmingham agree to terminate his contract, won't that make him a free agent and therefore able to sign? 

Yeah they call it mutual agreement. The problem then would be Birmingham get no dough for the player, now, we know 'Arry likes his dough so I think that avenue would become a cul-de-sac quite quickly. 

3 minutes ago, Leon the ram 2009 said:

TBH mate, it's because of what Derby have shown so far this season with a stronger squad than we have now that people are "worried" rather than panicking for the rest of the season 

I know its not certain but getting George back in will make this squad stronger anyway. If we have a fit GT, Hudds and Johnson would Kieftenbeld have got in the team?

Its not great this has happened but it is what it is, i am sure no one intended for it to happen.

I hardly think its cause to jump up and down shouting incompetence, shambles, demanding people lose their jobs or even as someone has deciding to go support Forest.

6 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Yeah they call it mutual agreement. The problem then would be Birmingham get no dough for the player, now, we know 'Barry likes his dough so I think that avenue would become a cul-de-sac quite quickly. 

Could Kieftenbeld not 'pay' off his contract? 

A bit embarrassing to be sure (a rational person may think more so for the player than the club when it appears to essentially been his fault, but not exactly brilliant for either party).  However, it is amusing to see that this bloke (can't spell his name) was going to be the great saviour of the club (see the other thread on him and many weren't exactly salivating at his signing) and that Butters and Bryson, who have been written off by many and who many wished to see go, are now going to be massive losses to the club (personally I think Bryson is, but I thought that before this little setback). 

To be honest, I consider this whole thing has been a bit of a result if it means McLovin stops 'supporting' the club and stops posting on here!! :ph34r:  Could he take Bris with him? 

7 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

Yeah they call it mutual agreement. The problem then would be Birmingham get no dough for the player, now, we know 'Arry likes his dough so I think that avenue would become a cul-de-sac quite quickly. 

I understand that he would be a' free agent '. I'm sure there could be some sort of arrangement between the clubs with regards to the transfer fee. I wasn't sure if the principal of termination and signing as a free agent was possible. 

1 minute ago, Big Bad Bob said:

I understand that he would be a' free agent '. I'm sure there could be some sort of arrangement between the clubs with regards to the transfer fee. I wasn't sure if the principal of termination and signing as a free agent was possible. 

Well, we could tell Birmingham we'll take Jota off their hands and instead of giving them 7 million, we'll give them 7 and a half and say no more. Jobs a good 'un. 

As has been said already, as he wasn't a free agent before the window closes, releasing him now would be irrelevant.  He couldn't register as a player until Jan.  If being released outside the window meant you could sign for a new club, everybody would be doing it to get around the rules. 

Last straw for me, yet again we're the laughing stock of the football world.

I've just been on the Arsenal forum, UptheArse.com, and this comment is telling.

''Nevermind son about us turning down £60m for a player who's taking fackin liberties, and is on his bike as soon as the season ends, while failing to persuade all our other players to sign new deals.

Ave you herd about them Northerners Derby?

The dozy bankers only agreed to sign a Brum reserve, for the total of the Chileans weekly wedge, only for the daft cant to sign the wrong box!

Puts Arseneholes management into perspective, thank gawd we don't have that pair of plums in charge''.

16 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Well we currently don't even have a singular backup so your attempt at sensationalism has fallen a bit flat :lol:

Thorne, Baird, Hanson then we have Guy and Bird. You'd probably put Keith just after Thorne on that list, so the backup to the backup. Sensationalism indeed ;)

I remember not too long ago, Manchester United had no fit strikers. They'd loaned out Ashley Fletcher and James Wilson. Stellar names I'm sure you'll agree, ahead of Marcus Rashford at the time. Weird how things work out.

1 minute ago, nottingram said:

Thorne, Baird, Hanson then we have Guy and Bird. You'd probably put Keith just after Thorne on that list, so the backup to the backup. Sensationalism indeed ;)

I remember not too long ago, Manchester United had no fit strikers. They'd loaned out Ashley Fletcher and James Wilson. Stellar names I'm sure you'll agree, ahead of Marcus Rashford at the time. Weird how things work out.

Top 6 !

Archived