Kieftenbeld..... has he really signed?

Mafiabob

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, needles said:

I think that only applies when a player transfers between nations.

If we've let Bryson, Butterfield and Elsnik go on deadline day and not brought in a single midfielder, that's catastrophic incompetence.

Goes to show how abysmal the transfer window is as a concept though.

I checked before posting. From http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/policies/player-registration/international-clearance

In accordance with FIFA Regulations, international clearance is required for any player over the age of 10 who is seeking to register for a club in England and has previously been registered for a club abroad (including the other Home Associations)

5 minutes ago, rynny said:

I checked before posting. From http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/policies/player-registration/international-clearance

In accordance with FIFA Regulations, international clearance is required for any player over the age of 10 who is seeking to register for a club in England and has previously been registered for a club abroad (including the other Home Associations)

Is Brirmingham a foreign country now? He transferred within the England., so should not be needed as would already be in place?

No expert mind.

35 minutes ago, valleyram said:

One million per cent correct 

if huddlestone and Johnson get injured we will have no midfielders

for a professional football club that is disgraceful let alone one with ambitions of going to the premiership 

Guessing your paperwork didn't go through as well then with your transfer to the bluebirds forum

11 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Is Brirmingham a foreign country now? He transferred within the England., so should not be needed as would already be in place?

No expert mind.

It does go on to say straight after.

or who is a foreign national seeking to register for the first time in this country.

I read it as any player that has previously been registered under a different FA at some point in their career then they require international clearance.

Just out of interest after hearing Leicester missed a deadline signing.

Why do people leave something they do twice per year until the last minute? 

Surely you know what you want and how long it takes to sort it?

I've heard of players getting a helicopter to sign a contract. Is it really that last fooking minute?

"Eh up babe, get the kids out of bed. We're moving to Blackburn."

b*******

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

Just out of interest after hearing Leicester missed a deadline signing.

Why do people leave something they do twice per year until the last minute? 

Surely you know what you want and how long it takes to sort it?

I've heard of players getting a helicopter to sign a contract. Is it really that last fooking minute?

"Eh up babe, get the kids out of bed. We're moving to Blackburn."

b*******

Isn't this all because of the chains? Having to move people out before moving people in - or vice-versa.

I already mentioned this in the football thread but it's a wonder more mistakes aren't made when the whole deadline day drama has been artificially created to gain ratings. I seriously dislike it.

13 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Guessing your paperwork didn't go through as well then with your transfer to the bluebirds forum

Trust me my betting account will be a good bit healthier if the rams go up rather than Cardiff but if the clubs list of midfielders is the grand total of 2 I am flabbergasted 

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

Now there's an image I can't get out of my mind (luckily) - George Thorne in clingfilm! 

With his luck, he'd slice his finger off on the cardboard strip.

Which doesn't even cut the product it's meant to, normally!

5 minutes ago, RamNut said:

He must be somewhere.

everyone try and think where they last saw him.

Checked down the back of the sofa, that drawer, and the jacket that is really used but always seems to have money in it, and he isn't in any of them.

Archived