Jason Shackell - Joined Millwall on Loan

Nijul_cluff

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/millwall-snap-up-derby-county-defender-but-boss-harris-not-happy-at-fan-leaking-picture-of-talks/

Mmmmm...Neil, maybe not Pancras Station next time as a place to conduct your transfer deals. Take a leaf from GR's book...he always likes to be "in the building". :mellow: 

Not his fault Kings Cross was booked up! 

1 hour ago, ttkk said:

I'm originally from Walworth - we get on with all the other clans, mostly. It's Bermondsey and Peckham that are always fighting each other. Wembley was the tip of the iceberg! I remember being in Budapest when the windows were put through, not by Ferencváros fans, but by Millwall fans from Bermondsey attacking Wall fans from Peckham in the bar over a drug deal gone wrong.

As for spelling, we are actually quite good linguistists overall - think of Gary Oldman, Daniel Day-Lewis, Danny Baker, Mike Reid, Nick Love, Rod Liddle, Jim Murray (Whisky Bible), Bob Crow, Tommy Steele, Lars Frederiksen, Scroobius Pip and Michael Barrymore etc. all Millwall fans and good with words. 

Michael Barrymore!!?I hope Shackell makes a good fist of his stay with you ?

All seems a fair enough deal to me. Would prefer to get rid on a permanent but he needs to head out to get games. Great player in his time and I think unfairly criticised by many, his impact on sorting out the mess of a defence McClaren left shouldn’t be undervalued. Davies and Keogh are just better now, simple as, and with a player of his age and wages there’s no point having him around, should save some of his wages at least and possibly have a little loan fee as well.

5 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

All seems a fair enough deal to me. Would prefer to get rid on a permanent but he needs to head out to get games. Great player in his time and I think unfairly criticised by many, his impact on sorting out the mess of a defence McClaren left shouldn’t be undervalued. Davies and Keogh are just better now, simple as, and with a player of his age and wages there’s no point having him around, should save some of his wages at least and possibly have a little loan fee as well.

His contracts up, he effectively has

The McClaren defence wasn’t a mess, we just weren’t built to sit deep and sponge pressure. We had one of the best defensive records in the league before the injuries.

1 minute ago, Dimmu said:

I don't know how good their CB's are but I'd be surprised if JS is not an upgrade.

Very good defender, but I lost a lot of respect for his shouting episode with Wassall. Unprofessional.

Absolutely. Really felt for Mr Wassall at that point; it reflected very poorly on Shackell and in that moment Shackell's fate was sealed. I seem to recall NC's allusion, vague though it was, that Shackell was a bad apple. I know there were other rumours but I'm not including those here. 

22 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

I don't know how good their CB's are but I'd be surprised if JS is not an upgrade.

Very good defender, but I lost a lot of respect for his shouting episode with Wassall. Unprofessional.

Personally, I didn't, just think, they were winning 3-0 against a bottom half/relegation team. Clearly they were just going to work us as hard as possible, and instead of helping to bolster the defence, chucking on 3 attackers? Ridiculous. Clearly enough to get someone enraged. i enjoyed it secretly, surely people were thinking the same

6 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

Personally, I didn't, just think, they were winning 3-0 against a bottom half/relegation team. Clearly they were just going to work us as hard as possible, and instead of helping to bolster the defence, chucking on 3 attackers? Ridiculous. Clearly enough to get someone enraged. i enjoyed it secretly, surely people were thinking the same

I didn’t enjoy it one bit.  

Niether did Shackell 

A bit of a saving no doubt on the wages front but probably not great, shackell again has done nothing wrong and would be available for us to use if we are in the play offs and our centre halfs are all toast ( hopefully that won’t be the case)

1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

That is the strange thing - our CBs have been excellent this season. 0-0s away at Cardiff, Bristol City, Preston, Villa & only you and Barnsly (!) have 'thrashed' us. Plus we are the only side in bottom 13 not to have a negative goal difference.  

I cannot see him simply coming in and getting a starting place ahead of Hutchinson and Webster. However, cards are mounting up and we are letting our back up CB go & the other is long term injured. Meaning we literally have no-one but youngsters to step should just one of our CBs get injured or suspended. So, there will be an opportunity at some point & when in, he could make a claim to be a starter every week. 

Archived