Anya

therealhantsram

Anya...forgotten man? Will he be gone before the window closes?  I think he is one Rowett would like to move on.

He couldn't get a starting place in the 'reserves' team to face Grimsby. Seems to be behind Russell, Weimann, Lawrence and Bennett for the wide spots.  Not sure he is the right man for this team.

Thoughts?  

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, therealhantsram said:

Anya...forgotten man? Will he be gone before the window closes?  I think he is one Rowett would like to move on.

He couldn't get a starting place in the 'reserves' team to face Grimsby. Seems to be behind Russell, Weimann, Lawrence and Bennett for the wide spots.  Not sure he is the right man for this team.

Thoughts?  

My thoughts are I was having a crap earlier whilst thinking about which players should go and couldn't even remember we had him to get rid of!

3 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Thoughts?  

I think Grimsby was more down to getting game time for Lawrence to get him match fit and a reward for Bennett for his impressive preseason. Vydra also needing match fitness meant that the 3 spots behind Martin were always going to pick themselves for Grimsby. Just unfortunate for Anya (don't forget that he started the first game against Grimsby) that we have 2 players that need to get their match fitness up.

I didn't rate him when he signed and we have got what I expected a versatile bench warmer but it should have been for £400.000 not £4.5 million and not young football wise so I don't expect to be selling him unless he wants it to happen - a very poor signing all round in reality 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

I didn't rate him when he signed and we have got what I expected a versatile bench warmer but it should have been for £400.000 not £4.5 million and not young football wise so I don't expect to be selling him unless he wants it to happen - a very poor signing all round in reality 

Absolutely lovely chap and a good-ish footballer but... how on earth and who actually said "Yes...OK, we'll shake on that. £4.5 million for Anya represents a good deal". Beggars belief really. :mellow: 

4 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

Absolutely lovely chap and a good-ish footballer but... how on earth and who actually said "Yes...OK, we'll shake on that. £4.5 million for Anya represents a good deal". Beggars belief really. :mellow: 

We did some very bad transfer deals in those last few days of the transfer window last summer 

When he came on against Grimsby he really looked liked he wanted to make some sort of impact. Looked a little bit like he knew his days at Derby are coming to an end.

I don't think he offers anything a U23 player can't other than versatility maybe.

13 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Although if Vydra scores 20 goals this season he'll be worth 20 million in the summer

Not likely on the basis of two nearly saved penalties.......we wouldn't get our 8 million back,never mind exceeding it.

Anya tho, seems to run very quickly indeed but somehow manages to avoid ever going on to either pass effectively or score.....bit of an inigma

Archived