Anya

therealhantsram

4 hours ago, oomarkwright said:

Season long loan to a championship or rich league 1 club ideal where he starts every week, or swap deal for Madison. 

Anya will be on a good wage and most likely want something similar in any move do can't see Posh paying that sort of money

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Anya will be on a good wage and most likely want something similar in any move do can't see Posh paying that sort of money

Not expecting to recover 4.5m; maybe 2if sold so that's why season long loan best. 500k loan fee then assess sale next summer. 

Anya's biggest problem is he doesn't even know his actual position. We aren't exactly a poor club - we can afford two players in every position. We have no use for Anya in the squad. A decent footballer but a waste of a squad number

Good player but we paid way too much money. There were a couple of games when he played out left, was a really good outlet and thoroughly willing and pretty intelligent. A better touch than JR but has never found his ideal position under however many managers the man has had to learn to live with in 12 months. A victim of circumstance rather than a reflection on his ability. 

I will go against the flow on here and say Anya isn't being given a chance. When he plays I think he's our best actual winger (as opposed to wide forward - hopefully after he's settled Lawrence will prove a step up) and it's a tremendous asset to be able to play fullback too. But, Anya is too nice. He is acknowledged as a really lovely agreeable bloke, and that makes him the easiest of all the senior pros to leave out without causing a fuss and upsetting the squad ethos. Rowett knows if Anya doesn't make the 18 then nothing bad will happen, but if other senior players are left out, then there'll be unrest and trouble.

Edit: That doen't mean I don't think we massively overpaid. What was that about?

16 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Correct. Although he has bit park/makeshift the wings at time.

Scotland just dont seem to have anyone else for RB at present.

To be fair a ginger wig stuck to a balloon and tied with string onto a broom handle would get into the current Scotland squad if you told Gordon Strachan that the wee ginger lad shows promise as a sweeper. :o #scottishfootballdesperadoes

I also think that Anya has suffered from not having a decent run in the side. He did pretty well as a wide attacker before he lost his place due to injury. Since then he's only been used to fill in. Presumably, he must look poor in training as his performances have been better than Weimann and on a par with Russell.

One thing that I noticed about Anya is that he usually puts crosses onto the head of our big centre forward...which is a bit of an issue as we don't have a big centre forward. I get the impression that Anya was so used to having a target man that he really struggled to adapt. Maybe, if Rowett does manage to get the big striker he is searching for, Anya will become a real asset.

I thought he looked at his best when he came on as an early sub against Bristol last year.

iirc he went to RB on 70 odd mins and pushed further forward than baird had. (?) and was a real threat.

But - I just don't see the need for him to be honest.

Archived