Steve Bloomer Trophy

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Duracell said:

Presume Steve Bloomer's watching as a neutral for this one.

"Steve Bloomer's watchin',
Helping the fight,
Guiding the heroes,
In the black and the white."

They also play in black & white, so, keeping his bases covered! :) 

On 24/08/2017 at 12:23, reveldevil said:

You can fly to Biarritz for £15 on the Sunday, and back from Bilbao for the same price on Weds.

Stansted in both cases, make a nice break of it.

If anyone is going and making a break of it, I have been to that area a few times and am happy to pass on any advices. 

It is a fantastic region.

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

According to the official site this seems to have become an U23 game rather than a Derby XI: https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2017/10/sign-up-to-watch-our-u23s-live-against-real-union-on-tuesday

It always was going to be a mainly under 23 side from the start.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2017/08/derby-county-real-union-to-meet-in-the-steve-bloomer-trophy?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SocialSignIn&utm_source=Twitter

* Due to the international break the Derby County XI will predominantly feature the club’s Under-23 players, supplemented by some senior players dependent upon availability.

9 minutes ago, Shuff264 said:

I imagine Shackell, Anya and maybe Thorne?

I worry that with Johnson's suspension Rowett will be tempted to use Thorne against the gumps, when there is a long and horrific history of career-ending injuries in that fixture. He has to come into the first-team fold properly some time, but I'd much rather see him playing in Spain.

5 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

I worry that with Johnson's suspension Rowett will be tempted to use Thorne against the gumps, when there is a long and horrific history of career-ending injuries in that fixture. He has to come into the first-team fold properly some time, but I'd much rather see him playing in Spain.

I thought about that too, but I believe Rowett sees Thorne as a backup for Huddlestone for now. So he might have to wait a bit longer, which in this case could be the best option.

57 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Wouldn't surprise me to see Thorne start tomorrow and be on the bench against the dogs. We will have Ledley and Hiddlestone starting with an attacker in the number 10 role, either Vydra, Martin or Nugent.

1 hour ago, Shuff264 said:

I imagine Shackell, Anya and maybe Thorne?

Anya is with Scotland so he will not be involved, Forsyth may as he looks to build fitness and we don't have a first team game for 12 days after this game.

13 minutes ago, rynny said:

Wouldn't surprise me to see Thorne start tomorrow and be on the bench against the dogs. We will have Ledley and Hiddlestone starting with an attacker in the number 10 role, either Martin, Martin or Martin.

FTFY

34 minutes ago, rynny said:

Was thinking Martin could the main striker also depending who he was playing with.

I would play him behind Nugent.

For me you play your best footballer in that position. Martin is the best footballer.

Like Sheringham behind Shearer.

Archived