Steve Bloomer Trophy

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Derby County XI will head over to Irun in Spain to contest a game against the Segunda División B club at their Stadium Gal home, which has a 5,000 capacity and is only a short distance from the French border, on Tuesday 3rd October (kick-off 8pm local time - 7pm BST).

The game will be shown live on RamsTV and will be the first of an annual competition between the two clubs.

More https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2017/08/derby-county-real-union-to-meet-in-the-steve-bloomer-trophy?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=SocialSignIn&utm_source=Twitter

3 minutes ago, sage said:

It's in an amazing part of the world. I would recommend visiting San Sebastian if anyone is going. 

Gutted that I can't go. Coming home from Turkey that day.

Totally agree with Sage.

The Basque Country is beautiful. I went to Bilbao & San Sebastian in summer 2015. Irun is 30-40 minutes outside of San Sebastian and then from San Sebastian, Bilbao is easily reached by bus. 

San Sebastian is one of the best cities I've ever visited. The views along the coast are just breathtaking and it's a very compact and safe city so you can walk around freely and comfortably. There is also great food and drink, great weather (usually) and in general there is a very peaceful atmosphere.

Ideal for a 3-4 day break.

This is a bit of footy mythology making, I love it. 

I guess next years game will be at pride park ? 

Great for international cooperation, friendship and maybe a bit of scouting too. 

Well done to both clubs - this is sport 

1 minute ago, thederbyram said:

I like it, but I fear playing this every year might be overkill? Maybe one in 5 or at the very least 2 would be better?

Sending a few of the kids on a training camp every year? Don't see an issue

Archived