Steve Bloomer Trophy

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Gritters said:

You weren't alone a chap who worked at our place got it 3 times in 1 year. We'll that what he said he had when he wanted a week off.

Was his name Porky Poker?

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

For taking Zanzala there? Come on.

I'm not saying that was the reason he was sacked, just that he might have expected a little too much of him so early on in his career. I was probably being a little bit facetious with that comment.

I'm sure Zanzala has a bright future, but he needs a season in the reserves to fine tune his mental attributes and recover from tht massive knee injury he had last season. There's no rush for the lad and given that I doubt we'll be expected to push for promotion this season, there's no rush for us to get him in the first team.

1 hour ago, PodgeyRam said:

I'm not saying that was the reason he was sacked, just that he might have expected a little too much of him so early on in his career. I was probably being a little bit facetious with that comment.

I'm sure Zanzala has a bright future, but he needs a season in the reserves to fine tune his mental attributes and recover from tht massive knee injury he had last season. There's no rush for the lad and given that I doubt we'll be expected to push for promotion this season, there's no rush for us to get him in the first team.

You made stuff up and now just making more stuff up. What you mean not pushing for promotion this season? Of course we are. 

Sheringham liked him and took him there. He got hurt after one or two games as I recall and some time after TS was fired by Stevenage. That's it. No more no less.

16 minutes ago, Ninos said:

You made stuff up and now just making more stuff up. What you mean not pushing for promotion this season? Of course we are. 

Sheringham liked him and took him there. He got hurt after one or two games as I recall and some time after TS was fired by Stevenage. That's it. No more no less.

I've not seen much to suggest we're pushing for promotion this season. Only the most optimistic of fans at the moment would say we are pushing for promotion.

All I hear about on here is how we are in transition and we need to be patient. That's not promotion talk. Even you've suggested that Rowett will need time for this transition to take place. "Rome wasn't built in a day" and all that jazz. That's not promotion talk. There's nothing wrong with admitting that. I am quite happy to watch a season of transition providing some good comes of it.

Ah well, I didn't know about the injury. What kind of injury was it?

My point stands, there's no rush for him to go into the first team. He can get a good season under his belt for the under-23s and work on some aspects of his game that might be lacking.   

17 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

I've not seen much to suggest we're pushing for promotion this season. Only the most optimistic of fans at the moment would say we are pushing for promotion.

All I hear about on here is how we are in transition and we need to be patient. That's not promotion talk. Even you've suggested that Rowett will need time for this transition to take place. "Rome wasn't built in a day" and all that jazz. That's not promotion talk. There's nothing wrong with admitting that. I am quite happy to watch a season of transition providing some good comes of it.

Ah well, I didn't know about the injury. What kind of injury was it?

My point stands, there's no rush for him to go into the first team. He can get a good season under his belt for the under-23s and work on some aspects of his game that might be lacking.   

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2016/02/offrande-zanzala-back-from-stevenage-loan

Archived