Ball out clock stopping

FindernRam

Has anybody timed the actual game time we have seen at Rams games? The 30 minute half thing has raised its head again after Burnley treated its fans to only 46 minutes of actual play.

Initially I was against it after initially negative effects in American football, but I think if refs put a hard time limit on throw ins and free kicks before giving it to the other side it might work.

Anybody?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Has anybody timed the actual game time we have seen at Rams games? The 30 minute half thing has raised its head again after Burnley treated its fans to only 46 minutes of actual play.

Initially I was against it after initially negative effects in American football, but I think if refs put a hard time limit on throw ins and free kicks before giving it to the other side it might work.

Anybody?

It would be interesting to play a few trial games with it, just to see how long a game would be... because I'd guess a game would start lasting upwards of 2 hours at times.

Would do away with feigning injury and time wasting though, which are two of the worst things in the game.

You only notice time-wasting because football is so fast-paced. It's part of the appeal.

It's the most popular sport in the world. If ain't broke, don't fix it. There's a lot that's broken in football but the game itself isn't one of them.

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Probably more to do with the fact it was Burnley and West Brom playing. They are two of the most awful teams to watch I can think of, no surprise they vomited up a disgusting performance between them.

I think the average is only 55 minutes of play anyway 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

Should be 90 mins of actual play! - we pay enough to watch it! 

So you're winning 2-1 and the 4th official holds the board up with 17 minutes of added time due mainly to the opposition waisting time, are you happy?

21 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I don't think referees are capable of policing it fairly. They struggle enough with present laws of the game.

Leave it alone but referees should be challenged to punish offenders more consistently.

It could be a job taken away from the referee though. No reason why an official in the stand or the fourth official can't do the job.

It makes sense to me, I don't know why it hasn't been brought in. It'd stop excessive time wasting too and is something which can be used throughout the game i.e at grassroots level with no added cost.

Not an element of the game in serious need of a revamp in my opinion. Refs just need to be quicker to book time wasters.

To be honest, I feel this is more driven at selling the fame in America than anything. Americans need stopping in the sportsing frequently for more adverts and food. The idea of 45 ad free minutes with no stuff your face stops is completely confusing... Like the validity of a draw as a result or not taking a gun with you when you pop out the shops.

The problem isn't the game, its cynics like Dyche and Pulis and their teams.

17 minutes ago, Joel said:

It could be a job taken away from the referee though. No reason why an official in the stand or the fourth official can't do the job.

It makes sense to me, I don't know why it hasn't been brought in. It'd stop excessive time wasting too and is something which can be used throughout the game i.e at grassroots level with no added cost.

Good point about taking timekeeping away from the referee but i'm not sure how that would work at grass roots level.

Archived