Ball out clock stopping

FindernRam

Doesn't it introduce a tactical element to the game? Those teams with more fitness want to keep the ball in play and get it brought back in quicker and the opposite for those who aren't as fit. I know there used to be the thing where clubs could swap between multi ball system with ballboys to not mid game. 

Personally there are small tweaks I would make but the game is what it is because so many different attributes come into play and can be utilised. Xavi is a prime example... small, not particularly athletic, no real pace or agility... but still a world class player because he based his game on his intelligence and technical skills. Flip to Peter Crouch or Theo Walcott you get a very different player but can also be effective in some games.

Think overgoverning the time will reduce the value of Bryson types or players who are intelligent in their style of play.

I think manipulating the tempo of a game is part of the gamesmanship of the sport. 

Probably could do with some clarity on certain areas to ensure it is played within the right spirit of the game. E.g. Time limits for set pieces once the ball is down (in hands for throws), more crackdown/less benefit on faking injuries. All of the above has to be put into practice consistently by refs

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived