Live games 2017/18

CumbrianRam

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some interesting groups. On paper, if all of the teams perform to their potential, only Spurs should have a difficult time progressing. 

But this is the Champions League and we've seen the big boys come unstuck before, so it wouldn't surprise me to see City and Liverpool make hard work of their groups due to the difficult away trips and potentially falling flat in front of expectant home crowds.

Like CumbrianRam said, United should progress comfortably as Mourinho will keep them from getting complacent. Chelsea will be fine if they take 6 points off Roma.

Spurs should just enjoy the experience and I think being in a difficult group will work in their favour as last season they were expected to progress. This year, they can play without pressure and they could surprise a few.

But yes, if I can peel myself away from the classroom, I will be sure to welcome Pep to Naples with a few tactical pointers. :lol:

For the football purists out there, Man City v Napoli will be a great game. Sarri is so tactically astute. Napoli play like Barcelona did in their prime with their none stop pressing and ability to keep the ball. I can see nothing but goals in that game.

Jorginho, Hamsik, Mertens, Callejon and Insigne v Man City's defence? Good luck with that Pep.

The last time Utd had Basel and Benfica in their group, they finished 3rd! 

I think the CL has been kind to most. Aside from Spurs, I so no real group of death with all the big teams avoiding eachother.

You'd expect to see Barca, Juve, Bayern, PSG, United, Chelsea, Atletico, Real Madrid, Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd, Sevilla and Napoli in the last 16.

The other three will come from either Spurs/Dortmund and group G which is a bit of wild card group.

I guess it should make for some interesting knock-out games.

And at least it seems the quality of the top teams are improving. 

In 2015 Madrid had Roma, Wolfsburg and City to navigate past to reach the final. They've got harder group games this time around than that rabble.

23 hours ago, froggg said:

What a goal from Siegudson unbelievable ?

i gave you a like for the mention, even though you murdered his name, Sigurðsson. 

Roney could never have pulled this off, his legs are too short for one thing

Contender for goal of the season already

48 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

I'll just leave this here. ;)

Hardly comparable, Rooney's is like a goal kick, whereas Gylfi's is like a sliding stretch tackle shot thingy wowwhattheheckwasthat kind of deal.  But yeah okay, a decent goal from Rooney :whistle:

10 hours ago, ramit said:

i gave you a like for the mention, even though you murdered his name, Sigurðsson. 

Roney could never have pulled this off, his legs are too short for one thing

Contender for goal of the season already

What i find funny about that is that it's the kind of goal you expect to see on highlight reels for years to come. But it was so unexpected, the commentary over the top of it is absolutely s****. 

Its not like a classic but if commentary like Agüeros premiership winning goal. He didn't even mention sigurdsons (sorry) name the whole time. 

3 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

What i find funny about that is that it's the kind of goal you expect to see on highlight reels for years to come. But it was so unexpected, the commentary over the top of it is absolutely s****. 

Its not like a classic but if commentary like Agüeros premiership winning goal. He didn't even mention sigurdsons (sorry) name the whole time. 

Have another listen, he says his name twice.  It's actually fine to call him by his first name Gylfi, it's easier to spell and is correct for we all go by our first names here.

But let me get this straight, it's not a classic because it took even the commentator by total surprise?

S*** commentary can be hilarious and an instant classic you know.  He did get the name right in the end though ;)

Archived