Live games 2017/18

CumbrianRam

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Some nasty cynical elbows by the Hungarians there. Pretty dull game which Portugal ought to have won at a canter. 

Funniest moment did you notice Hants second half, ref booked captain I think for clapping a foul, as he was giving him a talking to,ref spat on player and players reaction was brilliant. Wondered if he was gonna send ref of. Think they call it spittle which we've all been guilty of some time, especially after a few ales when chatting a lass up. I digress :ph34r:

Mane had every right to go for the ball, of course he did, but that doesn't excuse the fact that his studs went straight into Ederson's chin and ultimately knocked him out.

You don't say after a two-footed lunge 'but he had his eyes on the ball' as a reaaon not to send the player off.

It's one of those where you feel bad for Mane, certainly wasn't intentional, but it's hard to see why it wasn't a sending off.

If it's knee high it's sending off all day long. This was chin high!

I don't understand how anyone can say that's not a red? You have Gary Neville going on about how it's ruined the game and was never a red, Gary Lineker calling it a rubbish decision.

His foot was 6ft in the air, with his studs up and he kicked Ederson in the face. Regardless of the injury, that's a red card. Considering that Ederson actually had to be stretchered off with a brace around his head shows just how dangerous the challenge was.

Eyes on the ball/the ball was there to be won doesn't mean a challenge shouldn't be a red.

19 minutes ago, Norman said:

Neville saying its a 50/50 tackle. Is it f***. Mane had his foot too high. Way too high. That's not 50/50, thats a foul. If he'd gone with his head I'd understand. But that was an atrocious tackle. 

Was far too high on the keeper and he might be seriously injured. 

Having said that I think he was going for the ball but it was IMO reckless. 

There is no doubt he was going for the ball. But you can say thay about any two-footed lunge too.

City before that though were far too open to counterattacks. Sergio Aguero is an amazing finisher, but in general play with him in the team it's like playing with 10 men at times. 

Archived