Live games 2017/18

CumbrianRam

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Season is still very young to start singling out a two-horse race. However Liverpool, Spurs and Arsenal all have issues early on.

United have made a great start, but 13 points is probably the minimum you'd expect from games against West Ham, Leicester, Everton, Stoke and Swansea City - especially as three of those were at home.

There is a long way to go. While I don't expect Arsenal to challenge for the title, their position is probably reflected by already playing Liverpool and Chelsea away. I actually think they lack quality in key areas compared to their rivals.

Chelsea have recovered well from their opening day loss. Winning at Spurs and Leicester (the latter will probably take a few points off the big teams at home). They'll challenge.

Tottenham will feel disappointed by their points return. Losing at home to a direct rival in Chelsea and dropping points at home to Swansea and Burnley. They've already dropped more home points this season than they did last season. Wembley just isn't intimidating for an away team I imagine. 

Liverpool have also disappointed for me. People say they need a new defender. They could have the best CB in the world I don't think it will make much of a difference. They're not very good at defending as a team, and question marks should be asked of Klopp in that regard.

41 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Might as well scrap overhead kicks altogether then, how else was he meant to score?

He shouldn't be allowed to do an overhead kick if other players are at danger of being kicked/fouled, simple as that - why should he have more rights than the defender?

1 hour ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Might as well scrap overhead kicks altogether then, how else was he meant to score?

Yep should be allowed to kick the head off a defender as long as he is trying to score.  With luiz it could be in the tunnel before the game

Archived