Live games 2017/18

CumbrianRam

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ancelotti has taken Bayern backwards since Guardiola. They don't look anywhere nesr as fluent or cohesive.

Reckon he'll be gone at the end of the season, and then he'll probably return to Italy or retire.

In the Championship, I don't know why but I enjoy seeing Wednesday struggle. They're another club who has just thrown money at it like our Mel.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Ancelotti has taken Bayern backwards since Guardiola. They don't look anywhere nesr as fluent or cohesive.

Reckon he'll be gone at the end of the season, and then he'll probably return to Italy or retire.

In the Championship, I don't know why but I enjoy seeing Wednesday struggle. They're another club who has just thrown money at it like our Mel.

Pep's Bayern were also failures in Europe and I doubt it would've made much difference if he was in charge tonight.

55 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Pep's Bayern were also failures in Europe and I doubt it would've made much difference if he was in charge tonight.

They were failures if their prime objective was to win it.

But winning the CL isn't easy with so many top teams and the way how the small details like refereeing decisions and lucky away goals can kill you.

Bayern, under Pep, reached three consecutive semi-finals. They lost to champions Real Madrid in 2014, treble winners Barcelona in 2015 and they absolutely battered Atletico Madrid in 2016 but somehow lost on away goals.

Under Ancelotti Bayern's playing style isn't as easy on the eye, they don't dominate or control games like under Pep and defensively they're much worse.

I understand the reason behind appointing him. He's won trophies everywhere he has been. But Munich have gone backwards, and a number of their better players have evidently dropped a level.

8 hours ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

Don’t you dare speak poorly of Pep! 

Everything result, signing, selling Pep has controlled have been a huge achievement.

Now get your prayer mat out and face North to Manchester, beg for forgiveness from Lord Pep

1 hour ago, GenBr said:

Crystal Palace really trying to take some of our records off us - no points and no goals so far after 7 games. Really hope this is the year someone manages to take our points record off us.

And they've got Chelsea next. 

6 minutes ago, Squid said:

And they've got Chelsea next. 

They have a way to go to beat our record of 32 in a row without a win though.

They do however have the record for longest Premier league season start without a goal, which they just keep extending.

Famous last words, but there looks like there can only be one winner in the game between Chelsea and Man City.

I can't understand Conte's decisions today.

Firstly, playing three midfielders meaning no Willian in the starting XI. Secondly, Azpilicueta should have started in the back three instead of Rudiger, with Moses at wing back. Thirdly, replacing Morata with Willian and effectively playing without a natural striker and a focal point.

Unless the plan is to keep it tight and sneak it 1-0, it seems far too negative and asking for trouble.

2 hours ago, GenBr said:

Crystal Palace really trying to take some of our records off us - no points and no goals so far after 7 games. Really hope this is the year someone manages to take our points record off us.

I really don't think our record will ever be beaten. Hope beyond hope that I'm wrong but I think Jewell has etched us into history for all the wrong reasons. The useless excuse of a man that he is. :angry:

Archived