South stand....

Owd miner

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was good when we first moved over but then we were playing some of the best football we've seen in a decade, challenging at the right end of the table for a change. Just like our football the atmosphere has stagnated which isn't really surprising, the two normally go hand in hand. It's alright when it gets going. I've been away for a couple of years and when I can again go on a regular basis I don't think I'll go back in there, probably the West/SouthWest upper. 

Bemuses me how people from other stands ridicule it to death but don't contribute anything to the overall atmosphere at PP. I can't think of anything more Derby County than that. :lol:

3 hours ago, McLovin said:

The noise in the south stand is absolute pants. They sing too much about Nottingham, how tinpot is that? Like Nottingham are you watching or you're so quiet you sound like Nottingham. 

Or the Stan Collymore song which doesn't really make you want to join in because it's an irrelevant bloke that got injured 15 years ago 

Our South stand is a lot better than a lot of other grounds I've visited "singing sections" . If it wasn't for the South stand we'd just hear the constant moans and groans of the fans that think the club owe them for supporting them , if it's that bad f*** off and follow cricket. Just to add I'm not a South stand resident just think they do a pretty good job.

28 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Our South stand is a lot better than a lot of other grounds I've visited "singing sections" . If it wasn't for the South stand we'd just hear the constant moans and groans of the fans that think the club owe them for supporting them , if it's that bad f*** off and follow cricket. Just to add I'm not a South stand resident just think they do a pretty good job.

Well, you didn't drown out the boo's in the east stand at HT & FT

in fact, at FT the south stand was nearly empty.

7 hours ago, DerbyMark said:

All I heard from the Wolves lot were "sheep shaggers" and not one retort of "yam,yam,yam" etc from the south stand. We just took it.

Not the Derby fans of old, that's for sure..

I can assure you plenty of us yam, yam'd at them first half. Second half was quiet.

I don't understand why everyone criticises the South Stand so much, if you sit in another stand, there's nothing to stop you making some noise yourself. I'm not sure what people expect!! 

4 minutes ago, TomBustler1884 said:

I can assure you plenty of us yam, yam'd at them first half. Second half was quiet.

I don't understand why everyone criticises the South Stand so much, if you sit in another stand, there's nothing to stop you making some noise yourself. I'm not sure what people expect!! 

Well, it's kinda the persona that there's a group of super fans that reside in parts of the South Stands who sing and shout all game, when it's quiet there's a bit of a Delilah Smith moment. "Where are yooooou?!"

(Not aimed at anyone in particular)

Its all to do with the atmosphere at the club and the buzz from the team. At the moment its flat, everyone is waiting for a lift from the team but its the same old same old at the moment. The team/club desperately needs a spark, a signing to light up the place. Unfortunately most of us know that due to previous overspending we are now lumbered with too many dullards and not much (by todays standards) cash to spend. As a result most turn up in hope more than expectation.........Depressing ain't it.

I agree with previous posts about the stand being too cheap which invites parents to pick the South stand instead of the North. I sit in the South stand and too many kids are sat around me. The selection of songs are s**** though and don't inspire people to sing along, I get totally bored by the same s**** songs. The best is when a song starts and then half way through just fizzles out. I think a lot of people have lost interest in singing and just don't bother now. I totally understand the way your team is usually playing is a good indication of how the crowd will be. We was awful on Saturday hence why the crowd was flat.

I'm just wondering what all these people who moan about the South stand or the selection of songs sung are doing during the game? Are you coming up with new songs? Are you trying to improve the atmosphere by singing or cheering the team on? Or are you sitting there clapping occasionally inbetween moaning about the team, atmosphere, choice of songs? 

If you don't like something, help to make it better.

Archived