South stand....

Owd miner

Like many others have said unfortunately if we're playing s**** or showing no passion we don't sing at all.

In all honesty on Saturday It's like I expected us to lose. It doesn't hurt much anymore it's like a Partner you're with just for the sake of it. I wish I felt the buzz, the Atmosphere, the passion it's all been slowly drowning for the past 10 Years.

Only reason I go is because Saturday would be boring without it and it gets me with the old man. Depressing really.

P.S. What happened to the good'old "We're Super Derby, Super Rams" was brilliant hearing hearing it echo around the Ground. Even when we was battling relegation we'd sing it for around 20-30 minutes and weirdly enough the Players responded now and again.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Ashz09 said:

Like many others have said unfortunately if we're playing s**** or showing no passion we don't sing at all.

In all honesty on Saturday It's like I expected us to lose. It doesn't hurt much anymore it's like a Partner you're with just for the sake of it. I wish I felt the buzz, the Atmosphere, the passion it's all been slowly drowning for the past 10 Years.

Only reason I go is because Saturday would be boring without it and it gets me with the old man. Depressing really.

Having known Paul for as many years as I have, would that not be a good reason not to go? :p

Ahhh...  The annual "SS fans are rubbish" thread.  A bit earlier than usual this year - maybe cos' that was the most rubbish first home game for a long time, and maybe cos' the OP may be a WUM.  

Anyway, anyone wanting to add to the atmosphere and transfer a ST from another stand and join the SS is most welcome.  But those who enjoy moaning from another stand then please stay put.  

And if you think the lack of cheering/singing contributed to the carp we saw on Saturday then you're delusional.  There is a cause-and-effect relationship, but it's "carp football" (cause) and "poor atmosphere" (effect).

As always like to throw my 2 pence in to any conversation involving the South Stand haha!

As we all know ......... It was setup to improve the atmosphere and get a good home support behind a goal where in my opinion it should be. Has it worked. Yes it has! So much better than having a corner which was the SE Corner so from that point job done.

Could it be better? God yes of course!!

Will it be better? Probably so. We have all seen the potential. 4300 fans stood up behind the goal. Ever since expectation crept in the atmospheres have died along with the expectations.

Why isnt it better? Because the typical engllish home fan is more interested in the latest scores and betting cash outs available on there mobile phones than spending 90 minutes getting behind the lads - I am generalising for the typical young lad that you would expect to be making all the noise!

Why are away fans better than home fans? Because everyone has a drink on an away day and likes to show that we are Derby and proud when going to an away game. Gone are the days of away fans coming to your manor and being proud to say "we are Derby" and show who we are. Also far much too routine about home games these days. Many turn up because its the routine thing to do.

Unfortunately on a whole the English fans dont have the same passion or interest when it comes to atmosphere at football as opposed to many of our european counterparts. We are unique yes, but not when it comes to supporting your team for 90 minutes.

All facts my friends.

For what it's worth we have one of the best home atmospheres in the league. I think we just need to accept that every game isnt going to be bouncing. Perhaps the trial games of Brighton and Forest all them years ago didnt help us!

Just try and play your part. Believe me it does help the players when its good. Had many a conversation with a few of them about it. On the flip side, the negativeness also does have an impact.

Keep the faith me ducks!

7 hours ago, ossieram said:

I'm just wondering what all these people who moan about the South stand or the selection of songs sung are doing during the game? Are you coming up with new songs? Are you trying to improve the atmosphere by singing or cheering the team on? Or are you sitting there clapping occasionally inbetween moaning about the team, atmosphere, choice of songs? 

If you don't like something, help to make it better.

I'm just listening ta one Direction and trying to put a few words to em... maybe try backstreet boys a bit later mi owd. Then again a few Andy stewart songs may do job. 

Archived