Sam Gallagher - signed for Birmingham on a season-long-loan

Barney1991

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

He will definitely get games at Brum. Maybe not so with us, would he play ahead of Martin and Nuge? Maybe they want him to have a good first half of the season and cash in on him in Jan. He is behind Gabbiadini, Long and Austin there. 

Exactly right.  Southampton want him to play as much as possible and he'll do that at Brum.  They're well light on strikers and Redknapp doesn't seem to fancy any of their existing players!  If he'd come here he'd have been down the pecking order. If it had been our player it would have been the right decision.

24 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Any reason why? I do wonder if MM sacking managers every 5 minutes would put prem clubs off loaning players to us.

It's foggy today. Do you want to lay the blame for that on Mel too?

Sensible we exited if it could have caused unrest in January. We don't need additional wobble issues.

Harry's making a bit of progress now, this and Jenkinson are good deals for them, and his usual last day moves might make them top 6 contenders. How old is Krancjar now?

Restricting him to loans instead of signing numpties on ludicrous 5 year deals and crippling them is a masterstroke by the board.

32 minutes ago, eddie said:

It's foggy today. Do you want to lay the blame for that on Mel too?

We've not looked the most stable of clubs over the past few seasons, I know if I was a manager of a young player id think twice about sending him out to a team that keeps chopping and changing managers. He could be in one managers plans then sit on the bench for the rest of the season under another.

2 minutes ago, YouRams said:

We've not looked the most stable of clubs over the past few seasons, I know if I was a manager of a young player id think twice about sending him out to a team that keeps chopping and changing managers. He could be in one managers plans then sit on the bench for the rest of the season under another.

Very much doubt that's the reason - after all, Southampton are on their 5th manager in the last 4 years. Game time the most likely explanation.

3 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Very much doubt that's the reason - after all, Southampton are on their 5th manager in the last 4 years. Game time the most likely explanation.

Yeah you've got a point, I meant in general not just Gallagher, thought we'd of got Ojo tbh.

1 hour ago, YouRams said:

And Birmingham are?

They wanted SG to get first team football every week. He probably wouldn't get that here. He would at Birmingham.

We also wanted to buy him - they didn't want to sell. They might also think twice sending him to a club with the means to buy him if they are keen on keeping him in the long term.

If he came here and we got promoted with him, there would be pressure from him to come here on a permanent.

There's nothing more in it than that.

Archived