Chris Martin needs to be dropped

kyle mccabe

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you want a striker to run the channels then yes; I agree. If you want a striker who can bring others into play, then no. 

He needs other people round him, if he is to do the latter mind. Bryson and Martin always had a good partnership, why that hasn't been given a go, I don't know. 

3 minutes ago, kyle mccabe said:

Touch and tackle all game. I posted on here not long ago about how we lack pace and nobody to go over the top and got bombarded with messages on how wrong I am. Now tell me I'm wrong....

You're wrong ,no service ball lumped up to him spare defenders all over him, no midfield player supporting him I could go on .

Having said that GR can't play 433 with that midfield /wide players and if he thinks we can we're stuffed.

7 minutes ago, kyle mccabe said:

Touch and tackle all game. I posted on here not long ago about how we lack pace and nobody to go over the top and got bombarded with messages on how wrong I am. Now tell me I'm wrong....

Nigel Pearson spouted the exact same rubbish you're spouting and look how that went. You're wrong.

That ain't the problem, there's no one anywhere near him! Playing 433 with that midfield will never, ever work. The midfield is too static to support the strikers so there's never going to be any way of us making any chances! The only way we can play with our current midfield is a 4231 with a fast technical players behind Martin like vydra- or we're doomed to failure like today.

12 minutes ago, kyle mccabe said:

You're wrong Kyle, no bugger round him do his lay offs too. His quick thinking passing can't function if there nothing in his little snap shot of vision he gets just before he receives the ball.

No pass on, and he's in trouble.

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

You're wrong Kyle, no bugger round him do his lay offs too. His quick thinking passing can't function if there nothing in his little snap shot of vision he gets just before he receives the ball.

No pass on, and he's in trouble.

Starting to think the 4231 formation might be the way to go. Could even have Johnson being one of the two, and let him  have the freedom to roam forward occasionally, and let the front 4 get closer together. Not seen today, but from what people have said and the Sunderland game we don't seem to be too far apart upfront

22 minutes ago, kyle mccabe said:

Its the four round him that need dropping 

& Rowett says just one in ,Frightening statement 

As has been said, not enough support today. Get players around Chrissy he will perform like a striker on top 2 team. Don't, and he looks bang average and will not influence the game. 433 with the personnel chosen was the problem today

1 minute ago, Cool As Custard said:

You're right!

Martin will never work well in the system Rowett wants to play

A mobile CF like Donaldson or Jerome is required to deal with the more direct style of play - to harry defenders & run the channels

i see an extended period out the side now for Martin - Nugent to start midweek

I think Nugent and Martin will play together against Preston. I actually think it will suit both of them, because Nugent will get better opportunities than just running to the channels and Martin will have someone near him. 

Butterfield and Johnson, the former in particular, really need to do something. I hope Bryson gets a game in place of Butterfield. Bennett to get a game too.

Chris martin isn't the problem.

whoever plays up front has a thankless task.

beside the obvious points i.e.

• we sold our creative players;
  •  johnson and butterfield tend to play too deep to help the no9
  • huddlestone is static
  • We are hitting long hopeful balls

the other issue today was tactical stupidity of the highest order.

Their wing backs were unmarked all friggin game.they were too far up field for weimann and russell to be in attendance, and too deep for wisdom and forsyth. 

Meanwhile Martin had three players up his @rse.

Archived