Away fan friendly pubs in Derby

one_chop

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, one_chop said:

Got a wolves fan mate coming over tomorrow, is the navigation inn pub away fan friendly ?

I use the navigation for parking as it's on my way in. It's a bit of a hole but away fans are always in there. More away than home usually. Tell him to go there, it's a great atmosphere when the away team bring plenty, which wolves will. Never have enough bar staff on busy days tho 

2 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Every single time I've been in there there's away fans... not complaining though, always interesting to talk to other people about different teams. 

Think its a new policy they have introduced for this season.

2 hours ago, WystonRam said:

Have not been in for a while on matchday, but always used to be mixed? When did it stop letting away fans in?

Oh, yes, you're right about that. Last season they stopped all obvious away fans from entering, they can't tell away fans if they aren't wearing colours and don't ask for match tickets like the waterfall does.

Apprently some web site had listed them as an away pub. The landlord was most agitated about this, but in my opinion I don't think he minded because custom is custom.

But, people like me were moaning that we couldn't get a drink for the queues or a space upstairs even if we arrived at 1pm as it was full of away fans so were going elsewhere.  When the lesser supported teams came it was better, but I felt that was wrong as we home fans are the mainstay of his trade surely. But as I say, business is business.

So, last season they stopped away colours entering. To be honest, it wasn't any better as it was still busy, it's a busy pub, it's a great pub. But when you're 5 people away from the bar in that small bar area corridor it's not fun.

Sorry for the long reply and lack of puns ?

Archived