Confess your unpopular opinions

DarkFruitsRam7

On 08/08/2019 at 09:07, Ewe Ram said:

London is just awful. Mrs Lampard whinging on about pushing the pram in polluted air. Well, you chose to live in the awful dirty expensive place. 

London is one of the greatest cities in the world. It's also not even in the top 20 most polluted UK cities.

The 20 UK places (and Gibraltar) that exceeded the limit of 10 micrograms per cubic metre:

Scunthorpe: 15 (estimate)

Gibraltar: 14

Manchester: 13

Swansea: 13

Gillingham: 13 (estimate)

Carlisle: 12 (estimate)

Chepstow: 12 (estimate)

Leeds: 12

Leicester: 12

Liverpool: 12

Grays: 12 (estimate)

Eccles: 12 (estimate)

Nottingham: 12 (estimate)

Plymouth: 12 (estimate)

York: 12

Prestonpans: 12

Royal Leamington Spa: 12

Sandy: 12

Sheffield: 12 (estimate)

Stoke-On-Trent: 12

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

London is one of the greatest cities in the world. It's also not even in the top 20 most polluted UK cities.

The 20 UK places (and Gibraltar) that exceeded the limit of 10 micrograms per cubic metre:

Scunthorpe: 15 (estimate)

Gibraltar: 14

Manchester: 13

Swansea: 13

Gillingham: 13 (estimate)

Carlisle: 12 (estimate)

Chepstow: 12 (estimate)

Leeds: 12

Leicester: 12

Liverpool: 12

Grays: 12 (estimate)

Eccles: 12 (estimate)

Nottingham: 12 (estimate)

Plymouth: 12 (estimate)

York: 12

Prestonpans: 12

Royal Leamington Spa: 12

Sandy: 12

Sheffield: 12 (estimate)

Stoke-On-Trent: 12

It’s a poo hole, full of pretentious  ricks who think they are amazing because they live there...apart from @Angry Ram who is a thoroughly good egg. 

@MuespachRam I can totally understand you and totally agree with you, but you’ve lived outside of the UK and travelled extensively.

The trouble is that many people from Derby and the surrounding areas haven’t - and so they put London on a pedestal.

My family who have never lived outside of Derby all think London is wonderful. They all think places like Birmingham, Manchester and Nottingham are impressive too.

If you travel a little, even just around Europe, you tend to realise that London is really nothing special.

51 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

@MuespachRam I can totally understand you and totally agree with you, but you’ve lived outside of the UK and travelled extensively.

The trouble is that many people from Derby and the surrounding areas haven’t - and so they put London on a pedestal.

My family who have never lived outside of Derby all think London is wonderful. They all think places like Birmingham, Manchester and Nottingham are impressive too.

If you travel a little, even just around Europe, you tend to realise that London is really nothing special.

Grown men in football shirts on non-matchday. Just dropped someone off at Heathrow and walked past a 50 year old bloke, with wife and kids, in his Crystal Palace shirt. What a dipstick...

The other tihng I wanted to rant about - wives who don't have a word with husbands wearing Crystal Palace shirts on holiday. Have a word mi duc...

17 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Grown men in football shirts on non-matchday. Just dropped someone off at Heathrow and walked past a 50 year old bloke, with wife and kids, in his Crystal Palace shirt. What a dipstick...

The other tihng I wanted to rant about - wives who don't have a word with husbands wearing Crystal Palace shirts on holiday. Have a word mi duc...

The only time I wear Derby shirts are on matchdays and on holiday.

8 hours ago, Jourdan said:

If you want to see London (or Paris) then avoid the tube / metro.

its like being flushed down the toilet. travel by bus in London and you see lots of amazing architecture; you get a real sense of the layout of the place. And there seems to be a bus every 30 seconds.

last time i drove through fulham and hammersmith etc though it looked overcrowded and filthy. 

when i went to Paris i travelled around on the bikes you can hire. The area around the Moulin Rouge and the garde du nord is a shthole but the rest was quite impressive.

46 minutes ago, BaaLocks said:

Only time I wear my Derby top is either at the gym or when I'm on me jollies.

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

The only time I wear Derby shirts are on matchdays and on holiday.

Yeah but I did say grown men ?

In all seriousness, not against it on a foreign beach or such but wheeling kids around the airport with your wife just looks stupid. I didn't check if he'd had his name put on the back, that would have tipped me over.

Still on the footy shirt theme... Even at 56, I still find it hilarious to see someone in front of me... in a crowd... with their own name/nickname on the back of their footy shirt... and I shout their name out, look away blankly (or pretend to text on my mobile)... then shout them again 30 seconds later!

Wembley was an absolute hoot for this, but then that day was a day for hoots and joviality anyway, what with the beers and sunshine!

#nevergrowingup

1 hour ago, Mucker1884 said:

Still on the footy shirt theme... Even at 56, I still find it hilarious to see someone in front of me... in a crowd... with their own name/nickname on the back of their footy shirt... and I shout their name out, look away blankly (or pretend to text on my mobile)... then shout them again 30 seconds later!

Wembley was an absolute hoot for this, but then that day was a day for hoots and joviality anyway, what with the beers and sunshine!

#nevergrowingup

Has a guy in front of me against Swansea with McSheffrey on his shirt. 

If he's a regular (and assuming he's not reading this) I might just start referring to him as Gary, see if he twigs on.

13 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Lol, I don't think I have ever heard such rubbish.

London may not be you're cup of tea.

However, in terms of culture, history, heritage, shopping, etc London is amazing.

I wouldn't want to live in London, nor for that fact any large conurbation, however I love to visit the capital. To say it is nothing special certainly implies a lack of knowledge and understanding!

32 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Lol, I don't think I have ever heard such rubbish.

London may not be you're cup of tea.

However, in terms of culture, history, heritage, shopping, etc London is amazing.

I wouldn't want to live in London, nor for that fact any large conurbation, however I love to visit the capital. To say it is nothing special certainly implies a lack of knowledge and understanding!

You appear to not be familiar with Jourdan's posts.

6 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

Lighten up 

I wear my Derby shirt  anywhere and everywhere.  Like to let people know that lesser clubs exist 

Up the rams 

17 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Lighten up 

I wear my Derby shirt  anywhere and everywhere.  Like to let people know that lesser clubs exist 

Up the rams 

Bit rude of you, going round showing them up like that. They might not want reminding of their lesser status. ?

7 hours ago, BaaLocks said:

Yeah but I did say grown men ?

In all seriousness, not against it on a foreign beach or such but wheeling kids around the airport with your wife just looks stupid. I didn't check if he'd had his name put on the back, that would have tipped me over.

I don't feel like I'm on holiday if I don't see a very sunburnt bloke in a Wolves shirt staggering round in flip flops.  Don't know if the golden orange contrasting with the burnt skin makes them stand out or if there really are five times as many .

Archived