Che Adams

Carnero

5 minutes ago, lioncoeur said:

He is only 21 years old. He looks like a Bulldozer or at least as a younger brother of Wayne Rooney.

From that he seems to spend a fair amount of time unmarked on the back stick. What else does he do? Blackman looks better on YouTube.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, lioncoeur said:

He is only 21 years old. He looks like a Bulldozer or at least as a younger brother of Wayne Rooney.

Not attacking you but not sure how you came to that conclusion from that video, he barely even comes into contact with another player. 

Some nice first-touch finishes though. 

Would be an amazing signing for most clubs at this level, but some things to consider.

A) I'd say there's absolutely 0 chance we're going to sign him, if we won't top 7 million for Lawrence. Birmingham will demand more for Adams than what Leicester will for Lawrence.

B) He's more of a central player, best playing off the striker, or even as a second striker. Either we want him to play him out of position on the wing like we do with players like Weimann, Vydra etc, or he's going to go ahead of players like Weimann and Vydra who are both central players. I'd rather we spend big on an actual winger.

Having said that, Che Adams is bloody good. 

Would be a very good signing. Would add the pace/power Rowett has talked about to the forward line and has genuine quality. Personally would much rather have him than Robinson, but Lawrence would still top my list. Lawrence and Adams would be ideal and set us up real nicely. 

From what I've seen, he plays on the right in a front three, or the three in behind the striker in a 4-2-3-1, which are currently our plan's A & B. Don't see it as running out of options, as such. Do wonder though why we didn't go for him sooner, as he is at a championship club, you'd think they'd be willing to do business sooner.

I also like the idea we're looking at good young British players, who we could make a really tidy profit on. If Nigel Clough had still been at dcfc, he would have been at Derby 3/4 years ago... LOL. Is this potentially better business than a loan from a prem club? although I see the merits in that as well, remember Ibe being called back by Liverpool and leaving us short.

50 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

Knew he would be on our list but if we have bid, is this indicative that some of our initial targets are dead in the water?

No, it means we are trying to cover our bases which is a sensible thing to do. To be honest, given the way folks are behaving already, the wailing and gnashing of teeth if nobody is brought in doesn't bear thinking about. Folk need to grasp that by implication, the demand and cost for the likes of Lawrence and Jota will probably make them harder to land than less high-profile players so having other irons in the fire makes perfect sense. Folk already seem to be looking for reasons to get on the gaffer's back and this just illustrates how hard it is to keep DCFC fans happy. Given the club has just made an increased offer for Lawrence how about we wait to see how that pans out before reaching for the razors, eh?

*Also, it's an HITC link so it may be utter bolarks anyway.

13 minutes ago, HarryHassett said:

From what I've seen, he plays on the right in a front three, or the three in behind the striker in a 4-2-3-1, which are currently our plan's A & B. Don't see it as running out of options, as such. Do wonder though why we didn't go for him sooner, as he is at a championship club, you'd think they'd be willing to do business sooner.

I also like the idea we're looking at good young British players, who we could make a really tidy profit on. If Nigel Clough had still been at dcfc, he would have been at Derby 3/4 years ago... LOL. Is this potentially better business than a loan from a prem club? although I see the merits in that as well, remember Ibe being called back by Liverpool and leaving us short.

All very relevant points 

BUT

1) He's definitely not a valid Ince replacement - Maybe he will be in time but we need someone who's an upgrade on Russell and Weimann right now - And Adams isn't that

2) Is he actually any better than Bennett? We have a 21 yr old British player that we're hoping will develop - Do we need another?

Archived