RamsTV Feedback

Gringo

13 hours ago, therealhantsram said:

Rather than mess about with their own tech wouldn't it be better to broadcast the stream through YouTube  or Facebook. 

Unfortunately we can't, due to various broadcast restrictions and limitations of those platforms. 

I'd wager that our tech is much more robust than what the rest of the FL is using. We've certainly got significantly more people watching and the product is better. 

I think the problems on Saturday might have been to do with a surge of Middlesbrough fans trying to watch, but I don't know.

But rest assured it is being worked on ??

3 minutes ago, OwenB87 said:

Unfortunately we can't, due to various broadcast restrictions and limitations of those platforms. 

I'd wager that our tech is much more robust than what the rest of the FL is using. We've certainly got significantly more people watching and the product is better. 

I think the problems on Saturday might have been to do with a surge of Middlesbrough fans trying to watch, but I don't know.

From my POV the website is good, the production is pretty good - issue is the delivery vehicle of the actual stream. It feels a bit messy and in some ways not that intuitive. Takes a real shine off it when you get an undecipherable error. As someone who will be living several timezones away in a few weeks' time - i'm sure that I'm not along in wanting a link to be able to watch the games on demand without knowing what the score is beforehand too a bit like MLB.TV.

10 minutes ago, OwenB87 said:

I also found the videos run better on my iPhone or Ipad compared to the desktop.

Keep up the good work, really enjoying the stuff you put up

wasnt too bad for me last watching via the app, but not up to the recent standard. One thing i notice is that the audio level is always very low. If i listen via my phone (android) or ipad i have to have the volume on full and its still very quiet, if i switch over to the radio derby stream i get suddenly deafened.   

Hmm what are folks thoughts on the below...

Last couple of home games I have been putting the flag up in stands so been in ground 45 minutes earlier (I do exit again!) ... Not many in at this time so probably around a 100 or so in stands...

Anyway, obviously the players come out to train and warm up. But during this time RamsTV is being played on the big screen with audio so anyone in stadium can hear it. Obviously they are discussing the game, team selection etc etc ... Interested to what you think the players would be thinking whilst warming up and listening to this? I know they are concentrating on doing what they are doing but this isn't something that you could switch off from. They must hear all the comments from the team in the studio and I am sure one ear is listening out for their name being mentioned. Do you think this has an impact in anyway? Perhaps if a negative comment from a studio guest was made (not on purpose as to affect the player) but surely it would impact in someway? I know they were talking about Ipswich tactics and how we expected them to line up, would an away team be jeered on by any said comments by studio guests?

Do any other clubs operate like this?

Genuinely interested in opinions.

1 hour ago, therams69 said:

Hmm what are folks thoughts on the below...

Last couple of home games I have been putting the flag up in stands so been in ground 45 minutes earlier (I do exit again!) ... Not many in at this time so probably around a 100 or so in stands...

Anyway, obviously the players come out to train and warm up. But during this time RamsTV is being played on the big screen with audio so anyone in stadium can hear it. Obviously they are discussing the game, team selection etc etc ... Interested to what you think the players would be thinking whilst warming up and listening to this? I know they are concentrating on doing what they are doing but this isn't something that you could switch off from. They must hear all the comments from the team in the studio and I am sure one ear is listening out for their name being mentioned. Do you think this has an impact in anyway? Perhaps if a negative comment from a studio guest was made (not on purpose as to affect the player) but surely it would impact in someway? I know they were talking about Ipswich tactics and how we expected them to line up, would an away team be jeered on by any said comments by studio guests?

Do any other clubs operate like this?

Genuinely interested in opinions.

It's probably down to the character of the player, firstly such should be focused on the training and warm up and preparing themselves for the game.

Whatever comes from the team in the studio is the same as whatever comes from the crowd and professional footballers should be able to deal with it, same goes with whatever has been said, or typed in the rest of the media, and on the likes of this forum, Twitter, Facebook etc.

Even the young players are getting trained on how to deal with the media and within the media, so hopefully our own DCFC studio personnel, just like are own fans, take the positive route and get behind their players and all other DCFC staff and not against them.

Any negative comments made on any human are not going to help build initial confidence, they might provide a reaction, but probably not the desired controlled one, when a human is more likely to perform in positive surroundings and in a place where that person feels comfortable, wanted, and is respected and valued.

I couldn't hear our crowd in the first half on the radio for last night's game against Ipswich, and I keep reading on hear how the team struggles first half and how slow it is etc. But I could hear our crowd in the second half on the radio. Some on here will probably type the players performance improved, therefore the fans got behind them, but it's up to us to get behind them at all times, especially when they are struggling, that's when they need it most, to raise their confidence, to raise their game, team work involves everyone within the club.

Wheras a lot of positive noise was made when we played Forest and again the following week against Sheff Wed early in the game and look how quick the team came out of the blocks in them games.

Positive noise from RamsTV and every stand at Pride Park would help produce more positive performances and results, but unfortunately so many folk choose the negative option.

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

A couple of hiccups today but I think that was more down to my WiFi. Although around the 82nd min mark the picture froze with the commentary still running. 

It's still far from perfect. You don't get this crap with YouTube and that's free.

And it's not like dcfc tv doesn't have adverts, either.

Edited by Penelope Pendrex