• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Forsyth

Huddlestone Johnson

Russel          Vydra      Weimann 

Martin

Time to see something resembling a first team. Yet to see Keogh along side Davies and Vydra playing off Martin so hopefully we get to see them before the season starts.

Assuming it's close to starting XI for Sunderland game, I think we've seen most of the team cement places.

Carson

Wisdom Keogh CB Fozzy

CM Huddlestone Johnson

Russell Martin Weimann

I would say Curtis as other CB, but I just wonder whether Rowett will go with Pearce again in this friendly. Could go for Ollsson again at LB, but Fozzy is looking better every game. Not sure who final CM will be. As good as Bennett has been, Russell is a Rowett player, will start this game and first game

41 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Assuming it's close to starting XI for Sunderland game, I think we've seen most of the team cement places.

Carson

Wisdom Keogh CB Fozzy

CM Huddlestone Johnson

Russell Martin Weimann

I would say Curtis as other CB, but I just wonder whether Rowett will go with Pearce again in this friendly. Could go for Ollsson again at LB, but Fozzy is looking better every game. Not sure who final CM will be. As good as Bennett has been, Russell is a Rowett player, will start this game and first game

Butterfield will have the other midfield role been a big part of pre season in time on the pitch he is also on dead balls.Think Gary likes him and Russell, afraid Bryson has not pushed himself forward. 

1 minute ago, Beagle said:

Butterfield will have the other midfield role been a big part of pre season in time on the pitch he is also on dead balls.Think Gary likes him and Russell, afraid Bryson has not pushed himself forward. 

Rowetts appreciation of Butterfield is the reason he let Will go. 

It makes me wonder if Lawrence will make his debut in this one. Russell, by common consent has been poor pre season. Yet seems to be getting in everyone's team, i feel this just highlights our lack of quality in this area. if we do have a few quid to spend, now is the time to go and get a quality winger in. 

Carson 

wisdom   Keogh Davies Forsyth    

Huddlestone    

Bryson.     Johnson

Russell.                        Wieman

Martin 

as it stands that is my team away to Sunderland with maybe Bryson and Butterfield swooping places and no more re-enforcements

subs Mitchell Butterfield Anya Baird Nugent Bennett Ollson 

6 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Bryson and Russell managing to get in a few sides. I must have been watching a different preseason. Amazing how some players are picked on reputation rather than form or fit. 

They run around a lot. It's Tito/Theo all over again.

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

Bryson and Russell managing to get in a few sides. I must have been watching a different preseason. Amazing how some players are picked on reputation rather than form or fit. 

Or get picked because the alternatives are worse!

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

Couldn't agree more with this mate. 

People slating Butterfield when he's comfortably better than Bryson. 

Don't get what Bryson offers? He runs round and does nothing else. 

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Couldn't agree more with this mate. 

People slating Butterfield when he's comfortably better than Bryson. 

Don't get what Bryson offers? He runs round and does nothing else. 

I definitely think Bryson does offer quite a bit particularly with how well he links with Martin but I think he is competing with Johnson for a place and not Butterfield. I think playing both Johnson and Bryson gives us too little ability on the ball in midfield.

Archived