The 2017/18 Academy Thread

Carl Sagan

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone got any ideas on who these could be

“6.15 He estimated that there were 12-15 players with high promise in the academy, and the focus on this group would be intense to clear a pathway to the first team.”

would be interested to know who they are so I can follow their progress int he academy and U23s. 

I’m assuming Louie Sibley could be one of these after his calll up today 

1 hour ago, FrostedRam said:

Anyone got any ideas on who these could be

“6.15 He estimated that there were 12-15 players with high promise in the academy, and the focus on this group would be intense to clear a pathway to the first team.”

Where's the quote from? But you'd think Sibley. Bird?

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Where's the quote from? But you'd think Sibley. Bird?

From Mel Morris in the supporters charter meeting minutes. 

Wonder if he means people in the U23s as well, so probably including Thomas, elsnick etc.  

Would be good to follow the high profile youngsters they are pushing harder. 

Congratulations to Alex Babos who's been nominated for the Premier League 2 Player of the Month Award: https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2017/11/babos-up-for-pl2-player-of-the-month-award

Opposition coaches make the selections. Kellen Gordon was on the list in August and Luke Thomas in September. Babos skippered the U23s to the wins over Spurs and Liverpool.

6 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Congratulations to Alex Babos who's been nominated for the Premier League 2 Player of the Month Award: https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2017/11/babos-up-for-pl2-player-of-the-month-award

Opposition coaches make the selections. Kellen Gordon was on the list in August and Luke Thomas in September. Babos skippered the U23s to the wins over Spurs and Liverpool.

A good day for young Alex. As @rynnypoints out in the International Rams thread, he's also been called into the Welsh U21 squad:

Just had my first glimpse of the U18s v WBA and thoroughly enjoyed it. If any of these lads happen to be reading,I haven't got unlimited broadband otherwise I'd have been watching every available second all season.As it happens,I've only enough available data today to watch the first half,but a top up tmw will let me finish the job. Time to go into 'Likely Lads' mode here -don't tell me the result!

Marvelous stuff this RamsTV- just wish the commentator would identify the lads on the ball as a matter of course,rather than the occasional bonus. I know more about the prevailing weather than the names of the players.

On 8 November 2017 at 18:02, ramblur said:

Just had my first glimpse of the U18s v WBA and thoroughly enjoyed it. If any of these lads happen to be reading,I haven't got unlimited broadband otherwise I'd have been watching every available second all season.As it happens,I've only enough available data today to watch the first half,but a top up tmw will let me finish the job. Time to go into 'Likely Lads' mode here -don't tell me the result!

Marvelous stuff this RamsTV- just wish the commentator would identify the lads on the ball as a matter of course,rather than the occasional bonus. I know more about the prevailing weather than the names of the players.

Don't look at the post above yours.

3 hours ago, RamNut said:

Don't look at the post above yours.

No worries on that score.Avoided looking at other posts before I made my own,and only did so when the 'Likely Lads' script had been re-written:D

Archived