Jon Toral - signed for Hull City

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

If Rowett thinks he's good enough, then IMO he is good enough until he shows himself not to be. 

I support GR in whatever he thinks is right. He's the boss. 

Exactly this. I'd rather trust Gary Rowett who has worked with Toral for a year, than Steve from allestree who has seen his YouTube compilation. 

FWIW I think he would be an excellent addition, especially if we can pick him up for around 2 mill. 

GR8 said he wanted two wingers/wide forwards one of whom can play centrally. That doesn't sound like Total, however GR has seen a lot of him. Much more than any of us, so while I'm not massively excited as of now I'm not thinking this would be an obvious error of Blackman and Weimann type proportions. 

As others have said, we have a few irons in the fire for each position so i would get no more excited about this than the other CAMs we have been linked with.

We continued to get linked with CBs even after we signed Davies as a result of several enquiries leading the Keogh Haters to get excited at his possible departure. 

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Rate the player, im sure he'd be a fine addition. 

But what confuses me here is the purpose of the signing. Comparisons to Ince, Hughes and Jota don't make sense. The guy plays as a No.10, just off the centre-forward. Preferably a big one too, if you look at his time with Clayton Donaldson.

We need two wingers. That's why links to people like Lawrence make sense. This one doesn't too me, especially when Rowett has already stated we have too many players that can play in that position. 

Dont get me wrong, if we sign him, I'd welcome him with open arms because he's a classy player from what I remember. But I would see it spelling the end for Vydra, and a few others, at the very least. 

My thoughts excatly. As GR said it, we have too many numbers tens. What we do? Let's sell one and get one in.

It would be no from me until someone else moves out from that position.

From Jota to Toral totally kills excitement.

9 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Including the inclusion of Mr Richard John Keogh? (Just want to see you write it)!

Like I said, "until he shows himself not to be". I think that gives Keogh about 8 minutes of the opening game...

8 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

Like I said, "until he shows himself not to be". I think that gives Keogh about 8 minutes of the opening game...

I support all of your comments until you proved that you don't know what you're talking about

:)

8 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

I was thinking more of the "I support GR in whatever he thinks is right" comment really :whistle:

You have to don't you? He might turn Keogh into a cracking defender. Stranger things happen at sea. 

4 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I support all of your comments until you proved that you don't know what you're talking about

:)

You continue to believe Keogh is good. I'll continue to believe he isn't. That's cool isn't it?

Only a matter of time before he was linked, could be idle speculation, or more than likely we're not progressing with other players so we've put the feelers out.

Played as the central one of 3 attackers with 2 defensive mids sitting behind him for Rowett at Brum.  I prefer the idea of Nugent there, but Toral offers an option as he's more of an attacking mid than a deep striker, and also made the odd appearance on the wings.

Didn't get much of a look in at Rangers until the end of the season and was mostly played as a DM.

Good squad player to have for now as he offers something different, and if we thin the squad out offers good cover too. I'd be happy to have him on the periphery now giving him the opportunity to become a key player.

Plus he's a Spaniard who once played for Brentford!

Hmmm. Rumours up North that he refused to play against Celtic last season.  Missed 3 games against them.

Fans were not impressed, most thought he was lazy and slow. He was a Warburton signing though and there were only a handful of games between him joining and Warburton leaving.  Warburton was also the one who signed him for Brentford so wonder if Forest will be in for him.

18 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

You continue to believe Keogh is good. I'll continue to believe he isn't. That's cool isn't it?

The men in the white coats are on their way.

25 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

If Rowett thinks he's good enough, then IMO he is good enough until he shows himself not to be. 

I support GR in whatever he thinks is right. He's the boss. 

I don't know how it is that GR has already achieved infallibility status among so many Derby fans. It's like we've appointed Alex Ferguson as manager or something, and even Ferguson made numerous mistakes in the transfer market throughout his career. Apparently there is no chance at all that Rowett might make an error.

Let's wait as see how his teams play and his transfer dealings work out first before declaring Rowett the messiah and concluding that, as fans, we're not even worthy to discuss the merits of his decisions in a forum. 

Archived