Jon Toral - signed for Hull City

Animal is a Ram

5 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

I have just noticed that this is a link by Pat Murphy. The same Pat Murphy who said Lansbury was about to sign for us but then 2 days later changed his tweet to Villa signing him. 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

He is usually bang on with his information and villa moved in with more money on the Lansbury deal and nicked it for better or worse.

In addition to this point, things can quickly change in football. Remember John Percy said that Kodjia was close to signing for Derby before Aston Villa came in.

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

I have just noticed that this is a link by Pat Murphy. The same Pat Murphy who said Lansbury was about to sign for us but then 2 days later changed his tweet to Villa signing him. 

We were trying to do the deal with the Americans that were taking them over, and the deal would have been done, then Fawaz pulled out of the sale and sold Lansbury to Villa. Or so the story at the time went.

Not a bad player, but hardly a "very very" good replacement for Ince, or whatever Rowett's quote was. 

Just seen he didn't get many games in his last two loan spells at Granada and Rangers, does anyone know if he was injured? Because I'd hope we'd be buying players who could easily get into those teams. 

Plays down the middle and a bit on either wing, essentially anywhere across the 3 in a 4231, still very young so would improve. 

Overall, wouldn't mind him if the price is right, but we'd still need someone like Lawrence aswell, our current situation with our wingers isn't looking good. An entire season with Russell, Weimann, Anya and Bennett will see us finish mid table imo.

32 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

YESSSS!! Been saying we should go for this guy for ages!!

Get him in Gary! 

I must admit that I haven't seen an awful lot of him other than some games at Brentford but he doesn't look too impressive judging by that video and Rangers fans are saying he was awful for them.

31 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

YESSSS!! Been saying we should go for this guy for ages!!

Get him in Gary! 

Just a compilation of poor dribling attempts and a gallery of tin pot shots. A couple of good passes though. A big NO from me. Tom Lawrence looks like Garrincha on his youtube video compared to this.

1 minute ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Rangers fans think he's absolutely terrible

Rangers fans think everyone who played for them during that time is absolutely terrible. 

I choose to trust Gary until January. 

11 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Not a bad player, but hardly a "very very" good replacement for Ince, or whatever Rowett's quote was. 

Just seen he didn't get many games in his last two loan spells at Granada and Rangers, does anyone know if he was injured? Because I'd hope we'd be buying players who could easily get into those teams. 

Plays down the middle and a bit on either wing, essentially anywhere across the 3 in a 4231, still very young so would improve. 

Overall, wouldn't mind him if the price is right, but we'd still need someone like Lawrence aswell, our current situation with our wingers isn't looking good. An entire season with Russell, Weimann, Anya and Bennett will see us finish mid table imo.

I don't want to put the lad down before I have had a proper chance to look at him but to put things into perspective, that Granada team were equivalent to our team in 07/08 in the prem. They were absolutely diabolical. That either shows that he isn't as good as they many think he is as he couldn't even get into their team or that when he did play, he had next to no support so couldn't show his true potential.

10 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I don't want to put the lad down before I have had a proper chance to look at him but to put things into perspective, that Granada team were equivalent to our team in 07/08 in the prem. They were absolutely diabolical. That either shows that he isn't as good as they many think he is as he couldn't even get into their team or that when he did play, he had next to no support so couldn't show his true potential.

Flip that round. Albentosa was s**t here, but amazing in La Liga.

Point being, horses for courses, players fit in different teams, in different positions, under different managers, in different systems, with different team mates all the time.

We've tried buying other teams best players, that just got us overpriced players which were nothing special. About time we tried to find some rough diamonds as well.

5 minutes ago, David said:

What I find adorable about that is that a player that they deem not good enough for Rangers is "Championship at best" - they'd struggle in this league imo.

Other than that I agree with @Srg - different league, system, teammates, coaches. No worries. If Rowett wants him, fair beans. 

25 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I must admit that I haven't seen an awful lot of him other than some games at Brentford but he doesn't look too impressive judging by that video and Rangers fans are saying he was awful for them.

Agreed with this - possibly the worst showcase of a player I've seen. Prob like a movie trailer player.... all the best bits in 6 minutes. (Oh, he gobs well).

Archived