Signed: Tom Lawrence - Undisclosed fee, long term contract

RamsFan10

5 hours ago, richinspain said:

I remember a game against Leicester and their keeper, Mark Wallington, was about to take a goal kick. Someone on the Popside in a lull in all the noise shouted "Wallington, you look just like a hairy gooseberry", at which Wallington laughed and gave a thumbs up.

Completely off topic but Mark Wallington was my pe teacher at school... scored a hat trick against him once.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Something must be cracking off because I can't get to view the Leicester forum to see any updates due to the amount of traffic on there ?. I saw earlier though on there from their resident Leicester ITK that Iheanacho was pretty much done so this could possibly pave the way for Lawrence to leave? 

Back online now: https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/112670-tom-lawrence/?page=6#comment-4387587

A fair few of them seem disappointed that the fee suggested is £7 million despite him only having a year left and quite a few wanted him to get a chance with them this season. 

5 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

When betting gets suspended it usually means it's pretty close to being done. Hopefully get some news tomorrow. This signing would be a start, for sure. 

Just remember Dyycheee .... if I see your name as the recent poster in this thread tomorrow and it isn't news of him signing, there will be trouble! 

As quite an avid gambler myself, i decided to have a little bet on the Lawrence market on BetVictor, seeing that it has now been suspended/removed on SkyBet, to see if the myth that even small stakes can completely alter the markets are true..

10pdcbc.png

As of placing the bet, the odds still remain at evens. Maybe it has to be reviewed by their pricers before they can adjust the odds? Or maybe the size of the stake wasn't large enough for a reaction?

PistoldPete2

Seven million seems very steep considering the fees for ince  and especially the hughes deal. I hope we're not getting done over again. 

1 hour ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Seven million seems very steep considering the fees for ince  and especially the hughes deal. I hope we're not getting done over again. 

Fee is not 7 million up front will have add in's taking it close initial fee is down around 3 to 4 according to my Leicester contact.Remember he is in the last year of his contract and with each passing week his value decreases.

6 hours ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

As quite an avid gambler myself, i decided to have a little bet on the Lawrence market on BetVictor, seeing that it has now been suspended/removed on SkyBet, to see if the myth that even small stakes can completely alter the markets are true..

10pdcbc.png

As of placing the bet, the odds still remain at evens. Maybe it has to be reviewed by their pricers before they can adjust the odds? Or maybe the size of the stake wasn't large enough for a reaction?

I don't think a potential liability of £45.20 is quite enough to rock the betting market SDSR! ?

Leicester could offer him a new contract. To some extent a deal may  depend on whether Mahrez leaves and whether Leicester feel they have enough squad depth without having to replace him or whether they will spend the transfer money on a replacement. Without offering a new contract I can only see that they will sell as a season's loan will see Lawrence out of contract and moving on a free contract.

Archived