Forum Issues

Day
Message added by Day,

This topic is for technical issues with the forum/server only.

For issues with moderation such as warnings, removed posts and topics, please contact a moderator that is online privately as per the forum terms of use.

35 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Just installed the  latest Microsoft window 11 updates and now when I try to connect to DCTCfans.UK

I get a 

Net::ER_CERT_DATE_INVALID  message

sometimes these HSTS errors clear themselves so I’m just going to leave it for a while

I posted this just in case anyone else has the same issue 

Its working now !!!

8 hours ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Just installed the  latest Microsoft window 11 updates and now when I try to connect to DCTCfans.UK

I get a 

Net::ER_CERT_DATE_INVALID  message

sometimes these HSTS errors clear themselves so I’m just going to leave it for a while

I posted this just in case anyone else has the same issue 

Even I can see why he couldn’t find it.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

When I click on a notification when someone has quoted me, it takes me to a post or two below the one I’ve been quoted in. Don’t know if it’s me or a forum-wide thing

Ok

53 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

When I click on a notification when someone has quoted me, it takes me to a post or two below the one I’ve been quoted in. Don’t know if it’s me or a forum-wide thing

Me too.

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

same here... but only on mobile (Apple).

Works fine on laptop.

• 4 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Are there performance issues at the moment? - something like 5-8 second response when clicking on topics whereas all other websites seem to be running normally....

As if by magic, it's all working ok now....

Magic Fingers Family GIF

On 23/05/2024 at 14:48, Gaspode said:

Are there performance issues at the moment? - something like 5-8 second response when clicking on topics whereas all other websites seem to be running normally....

On 23/05/2024 at 15:24, Gaspode said:

As if by magic, it's all working ok now....

Magic Fingers Family GIF

It comes and goes.
Doing it again just now (and for the past 30 mins).
About the third time this past week.  All other websites are ticking over just fine.

Stay safe, folks.

I have no control over the server, no access or anything to see what’s going on. All I can do is message the software developers where the forum is now hosted and alert them to the issues.

Their cloud infrastructure uses various services, my guess would be something is being updated overnight US time.

45 minutes ago, Day said:

I have no control over the server, no access or anything to see what’s going on. All I can do is message the software developers where the forum is now hosted and alert them to the issues.

Their cloud infrastructure uses various services, my guess would be something is being updated overnight US time.

Following my earlier post this morning, it got a tad worse for the next half hour or so.  a good 10-15 seconds to turn each page.

Been out since then, and just returned... it now seems to be running like a well oiled machine that's just had an extra dose of oil from the senior oilcan technician.

😁👍 

Not a forum issue, but a forum suggestion. Sometimes when a thread gets long, it can be tough to find out the key information - perhaps, say, on the length of player contracts. I've seen on other teams' forums where the original post can continually be updated, even as the thread extends. So you can view the latest in the original, and then go and comment on it. Maybe an idea for here?