I was hoping a few more would have gone by now

JG400

3 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Can't see Butterfield going. I think he will be very influential this year, particularly as l expect we will have a good CDM behind him ( hope it is Whelan personally, and let Thorne inch himself back).  Not sure why everyone is so down, although l guess when it comes to thinking of the 2013/14 campaign my only thought is where did those last 3 years go.

First that should be shown the door. I cringe when i see his name on the team sheet. Acquired as a backup to Will and Bryso thats still what he is. Take a chance on Timi over him, please Derby.

I can see it now, facing pressure, he hesitates, turns and runs the ball back towards Thorne and give it to him. He's the most negative sideways passing, ineffective, lightweight midfielder i've seen in a very long time. Plus who wants a player who wears these shoes on your team :whistle: ... them are for Foresters. 

nintchdbpict000244510873.jpg?w=300&strip

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Ninos said:

First that should be shown the door. I cringe when i see his name on the team sheet. Acquired as a backup to Will and Bryso thats still what he is. Take a chance on Timi over him, please Derby.

I can see it now, facing pressure, he hesitates, turns and runs the ball back towards Thorne and give it to him. He's the most negative sideways passing, ineffective, lightweight midfielder i've seen in a very long time. Plus who wants a player who wears these shoes on your team :whistle: ... them are for Foresters. 

How can you see what shoes he is wearing with them blinkers on :lol:

Its possibly not the best negotiating strategy to say "we need to get rid of a few players" to expect buyers to be queuing at the door. If I were them i would be playing the time game and waiting until the last minute before showing my hand .

In other words , be patient......

I expect end of August to be pretty busy

6 hours ago, JG400 said:

I am a bit disappointed to be honest with the clear out so far , I hoped perhaps 5 or 6 more would have gone by now , don't really care who (first team squad members of course )  I just wanted to see a real clear out to start a fresh, it feels like by the time of the Kaiserslautern game we may see the same old faces taking to the pitch

I think your expectations are totally unrealistic 

11 hours ago, Ninos said:

New season, same Ninos.

11 hours ago, Ninos said:

Absolutely agree.  Butterfield is a pansy of a midfielder who will have no more influence in the team this season than he did the last. Sideways backwards, sideways again with an occasional shot going miles wide, or even more occasionally going in. Get rid.

15 hours ago, Warren Hobhead said:

Butters, Thorne and Johnson were fine in 2015/16. All scored goals, we were solid defensively, Butters was able to go and do his thing and link with Martin. 

Carson

Wisdom     Keogh   Davies    Forsyth

Thorne

Butterfield      Johnson

Ince                                           Russell

Martin

That is a better side than last seasons.

Much as I admire you Warren, starting the season with 4-3-3 and with a front line of Ince, Martin and Russell would thoroughly depress me. How many times do we want to repeat failure?

Unfortunately you can't sell things other people don't want to by. 

Sounds like the market is pretty quiet anyway. We appear to be one of the more busier teams. Still what like 2 months worth of the xfer window to go? 

Plenty of time yet i wouldn't be surprsed to see 6 or 7 out and maybe 2 or 3 in. 

4 minutes ago, kingsy1884 said:

Unfortunately you can't sell things other people don't want to by. 

Sounds like the market is pretty quiet anyway. We appear to be one of the more busier teams. Still what like 2 months worth of the xfer window to go? 

Plenty of time yet i wouldn't be surprsed to see 6 or 7 out and maybe 2 or 3 in. 

Very true. I think a lot of our deadwood would improve other Championship teams but they're just no worth value for money when it comes to wages.

I know a few Ipswich fans. I told them we'd let Bent go for free. They were instantly put off by his wages because he'd still be one of their top-earners. Not too sure what he's on (£25k p/w?) but I can't see many of the useless ones going because why would you leave when you'll earn less playing elsewhere?

27 minutes ago, RamBamFan said:

Very true. I think a lot of our deadwood would improve other Championship teams but they're just no worth value for money when it comes to wages.

I know a few Ipswich fans. I told them we'd let Bent go for free. They were instantly put off by his wages because he'd still be one of their top-earners. Not too sure what he's on (£25k p/w?) but I can't see many of the useless ones going because why would you leave when you'll earn less playing elsewhere?

Chances are, as we did with Billy and Jewell's signings, we'll have to pay a percentage of their wages even after they've moved on.

22 minutes ago, wakeyram said:

Sorry if this has been posted already but the Huddersfield fans i play cricket with say they've offered 10 million for Ince.

That was our valuation wasn't it? Thought I read somewhere (possibly a link on here) that when Hudds bid 7.3 it was said that Derby wanted 10m.

Uh-oh......if true of course:ph34r:

Whilst preferable to sell, I can't see many full transfer offers coming in for the likes of Shackell, Bent & Blackman.

I'm sure we'll be able to get them out on loan though, they're all of a decent enough standard for Championship clubs to want them on loan for the season, paying a portion of their wages.

Got a feeling Bent will end up at Ipswich.

7 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Whilst preferable to sell, I can't see many full transfer offers coming in for the likes of Shackell, Bent & Blackman.

I'm sure we'll be able to get them out on loan though, they're all of a decent enough standard for Championship clubs to want them on loan for the season, paying a portion of their wages.

Got a feeling Bent will end up at Ipswich.

I know it's only Mirror, but according to Sky Sports paper talk:

Derby's Gray Rowett plans more sales as part of his Rams shake-up after Will Hughes' exit to Watford with Tom Ince, Darren Bent, Jason Shackell and Nick Blackman all facing exits.

You got the names right, except Ince. Mutual consent for Bent and Shackell? Loan for Blackman?

If Rowett wants his team to be ready before Kaiserslautern, something should start happening soon. IMO it'a bit naive dream though.

4 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

I know it's only Mirror, but according to Sky Sports paper talk:

Derby's Gray Rowett plans more sales as part of his Rams shake-up after Will Hughes' exit to Watford with Tom Ince, Darren Bent, Jason Shackell and Nick Blackman all facing exits.

You got the names right, except Ince. Mutual consent for Bent and Shackell? Loan for Blackman?

If Rowett wants his team to be ready before Kaiserslautern, something should start happening soon. IMO it'a bit naive dream though.

I don't even want to acknowledge the fact that we might sell Tom Ince :(

It doesn't need much inside knowledge to write that, does it? Rowett said yesterday we were hoping to sell more players, so choose the one you know has already been subject to bids plus a few 'known names' who are on the periphery of the squad. 

Archived