The Save Will Hughes Thread

Hotter

16 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I'd gladly tip up £50 if it would realistically save our prized asset. As much as it pains me to say it, it appears we may have seen the last of him. 

No we haven't. I think we will be seeing him either way next year.

Come on every one. Time too move on. He hasn't found the form he had prior to his injury and maybe, just maybe the lad needs a fresh start and he might want away for that reason.

Whatever you say on here isn't going to change things.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

That's extremely cheap in today's market, might aswell keep him as a squad player for when Thorne's injured. 

Hmmm....seems like he is going to be sold for less than the club paid for Vydra. Buy expensive, sell cheap... 'the Derby way'

Anyone else seen this?:

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/should-derby-county-sell-will-hughes-here-is-what-you-think/story-30404534-detail/story.html

Over 3,000 supporters took part in our Derby Telegraph poll and it was pretty close; 52% believe that now is NOT the right time to sell Hughes. The other 48% think that he should stay at Derby County a little longer.

Are they not the same thing?

1 minute ago, cheron85 said:

Anyone else seen this?:

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/should-derby-county-sell-will-hughes-here-is-what-you-think/story-30404534-detail/story.html

Over 3,000 supporters took part in our Derby Telegraph poll and it was pretty close; 52% believe that now is NOT the right time to sell Hughes. The other 48% think that he should stay at Derby County a little longer.

Are they not the same thing?

Yes they are, Poor Journalism there!

I remember once when we was saying £15 Mill for Hughes. How times have changed!

My biggest problems with the deal are that £4.5 million for Will seems below market rate for a player of his age, with his 1st team experience and undoubted quality.  Even worse that he has gone to Watford, he won't get the chance to shine there.  Don't play good football, relegation scrap is a distinct possibility and owner has clubs all over the shop that loan players back and forwards it seems.  Can't see him being a regular starter somehow.  Looking forward to Will getting his chance in the PL (wish it was with us) but feel this could end as bad for both Derby and Will.  Really hope he's not on loan in the Championship by January.

5 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

No we haven't. I think we will be seeing him either way next year.

Whatever you say on here isn't going to change things.

Doubt we'll see him next year if he signs for Watford unless we play them in one of the cups. Last time I looked they were in a different league to us. I think you're taking the OP a bit too literal. The way I read it was as a tongue in cheek post. Just a shame WH can't fulfil his ambition of playing in the Prem with us. 

7 hours ago, Ninos said:

Watch what happens, and who turns out to be Watford's best player this season. Don't think there's any doubt he's gonna shine.

Well I hope for Will's sake you are right. I like the lad but I really don't subscribe to all this hysteria about him. He has a quick brain and feet, but: he can't shoot, is lightweight and not particularly fast. I think he will get kicked out of the Watford team and off the park.

Couple of thoughts here if £4.5 million is true...

Rob Earnshaw cost £3.5 million in 2007. Adjusted for inflation that is £4.5 million.. So Rob Earnshaw is worth the same as Will and Will is well under half the price received for Hendrick... 

Based on the Will being arguably our best player that means on sliding scale Nick Blackman can by purchased for approximately the same price as a happy meal at McDonalds..

1 hour ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Doubt we'll see him next year if he signs for Watford unless we play them in one of the cups. Last time I looked they were in a different league to us. I think you're taking the OP a bit too literal. The way I read it was as a tongue in cheek post. Just a shame WH can't fulfil his ambition of playing in the Prem with us. 

Actually I read it just right and my reply was also tongue in cheek. With a reference that we may just go up or Watford might come Down. Also thanks for letting me know we are currently in a different league. By next year I meant post the coming season

4 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

Actually I read it just right and my reply was also tongue in cheek. With a reference that we may just go up or Watford might come Down. Also thanks for letting me know we are currently in a different league. By next year I meant post the coming season

Cheers for clearing that up. I'll sleep a lot better tonight. 

Just a thought from a learned friend.

It seemed we were looking at £8m rising to £10m. Then suddenly it was £4.5m rising to £7m. 

I wonder if it suited one or both parties to pay/accept a lower fee and write off and last instalment on Vydra and/or Anya. 

25 minutes ago, sage said:

Just a thought from a learned friend.

It seemed we were looking at £8m rising to £10m. Then suddenly it was £4.5m rising to £7m. 

I wonder if it suited one or both parties to pay/accept a lower fee and write off and last instalment on Vydra and/or Anya. 

It's all guessing. None of it makes it more palatable.

I'd gladly pay the 50 quid. According to some reports we'd only need 80,000 fans, not 250,000.

Someone with very good connections at the club told me Rowett doesn't fancy Hughes and Mel always backs his manager. We've been touting him round, but he doesn't seem to have the admirers many here believe he should. Perhaps a good final push in the U21 Euros will see some late bids? Though you feel it's already too late.:o

8 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I'd gladly pay the 50 quid. According to some reports we'd only need 80,000 fans, not 250,000.

Someone with very good connections at the club told me Rowett doesn't fancy Hughes and Mel always backs his manager. We've been touting him round, but he doesn't seem to have the admirers many here believe he should. Perhaps a good final push in the U21 Euros will see some late bids? Though you feel it's already too late.:o

mel always back his manager?

Regarding the sale of high worth players at the club (ie Hughes, Ince). Just wondering who at DCFC, is an experienced and competent negotiator, particularly when dealing with PL clubs. Due to his age and time in management, Rowett isn't very experienced in such matters. Not a criticism, merely an observation. 

Archived