What would your perfect summer transfer window be?

RamsPolls

Once wisdom signs, i would like to see jordan ibe and ollie watkins and that would do me. 

Out 

Pearce

Butterfield

Bent

Olsson 

Camara

Blackman

Keogh (decent transfer fee)

Russell ( great work rate but thats about it )

I would like to see a few promoted from the under 23's. Elsnik, rawson, bennett 

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out

butters, Bryson, Hanson, Olson, Christie, Pearce, Camara, bent, weimann, Russell. Around 11mil for those.

ins

ledley, jota/Irvine, right footed left winger, maybe a prem loan like Ibe or similar.

that should balance the books on Davies and wisdom, maybe even coming out positive in fees but certainly increasing quality of the team , filling the gaps and cover and reducing the wage bill.

21 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

@bristolram - Agree with your post apart from Weimann. Think he has big part to play this year. 

I can see your point, I don't think he's a bad player. It just hasn't worked out for him so far, it feels like player and club want to part ways and it would be a good time to cash in. I don't think he'll be happy being a bit part player next season and his value could decrease further.

On 2017-6-13 at 22:37, Millenniumram said:

Well I can't speak for everyone, but my decision was based around Johnson being in my top 5 best players from last season. I know it ain't saying a lot, but think he was criminally underrated by many last season, in months of upheaval where most of the midfield struggled he was the most consistent performer. Bryson has done nothing of note consistently for years now really, and struggles with fitness so I'd let him go out to get regular football, seems a nice bloke he deserves it.

Add that to the fact like you say he can be the cover for Thorne we've been looking for for ages, and I think you have your answer. That being said, both will stay as I think they're actually Rowetts favoured midfielders, but we shall see

Thanks for the reply @Millenniumram.

I can see where your coming from with your points. Johnson in fairness did have fairly consistent level of performance last year. However I'd contend that his performances were frequently overrated rather than underrated. Playing Johnson frequently last year was something of a necessity to add physicality to our midfield and it really showed when he wasn't there. However due to his poor technical ability I felt we often ended up having a situation where both the other midfielders would have to drop deep to get the ball off him because he couldn't be relied upon to move the ball accuratley up the pitch. This I feel was a big factor in our play through midfield being stifled. 

My perspective on Johnson is that although he does do a lot of things well he just flat out doesn't look after the ball well enough for a midfielder at this level and doesn't really have the athleticism to compensate for it. 

Bryson I can see your arguments for to an extent. But he has had spells recently when he has been really good, namely under wassell last year and the spell around the time we were playing Leicester this year. The problem is it seems to take him a few games to get going after an injury and he is frequently injured these days it seems. So perhaps it is time he moved on but I'd be tempted to give him another year as a squad player. 

I do agree though that Rowett is unlikely to sell either.

On 6/14/2017 at 02:42, EnigmaRam said:

Out

butters, Bryson, Hanson, Olson, Christie, Pearce, Camara, bent, weimann, Russell. Around 11mil for those.

ins

ledley, jota/Irvine, right footed left winger, maybe a prem loan like Ibe or similar.

that should balance the books on Davies and wisdom, maybe even coming out positive in fees but certainly increasing quality of the team , filling the gaps and cover and reducing the wage bill.

Def agree with the Ledley and Jota ins, not sure re Butters and Bryson thou!

I would retain the following nucleus:

GK: Carson, Mitchell

RB: Wisdom, Baird

LB: Forsyth, Lowe

CB: Keogh, Davies, Pearce

CM: Thorne, Hughes, Johnson

Wing: Ince, Russell

Strikers: Martin, Nugent, Vydra

That's a core of 17 players without any more in plus youth Elsnik, Zanzala and Rawson.

I would look to sell definitely:

Def: Christie £2m, Olsson £750k, Shackell £1m

Mid/wing: Camara £1m

Strikers: Blackman £1m/loan, Bent £500k/loan

Don't think any of those are bad players but we have too many players and think these guys fit less with where we are heading.

Incoming I would like to see an old head or tough tackling DCM and a top end left winger. That gives a squad of 19 plus youth.

That would leave up for debate retaining 3 from the following:

Butterfield, Bryson, Hanson, Anya, Wiemann, Bennett

Of those I would probably opt for Wiemann, Anya and Bryson. That would give a squad of 22 plus 3 youth players. I'd be sorry to see Bennett and Hanson go but I think they're better off going elsewhere to develop their careers. I'd opt for Bryson over Butterfield on the grounds that I think he'd suit a higher tempo pressing game and be more likely to get around Martin/Nugent for goals.

I have probably missed some people out.

Out 

Olson- Fozzy and Lowe are better

Christie - Baird and wisdom are better 

Keogh- needs new challenge 

Russell - 4 years I think now! Getting worse need better! Would wish him well! 

Bent- too many better! Done well 

camara- not good enough 

Roos- carson class Mitchell up and coming! Can't see him wanting to stay!

Then to make a little money if we had too! 

Hughes- love him to bits maybe a new challange is what he needs! Only let go for silly money! 

Butterfield- if we can get 3.5 million back..

then maybe 1 of Anya, Weimann or Blackman.. would love to see proper chance in pre season!

INS

great business so far!

Joe ledley strength the midfield up!

a new LW- someone who can beat a man and score more than 2 goals! 

A young pacey striker! 

Keep Ince and I'll be happy 

2 hours ago, Topram said:

Out 

Hughes- love him to bits maybe a new challange is what he needs! Only let go for silly money! 

Butterfield- if we can get 3.5 million back..

then maybe 1 of Anya, Weimann or Blackman.. would love to see proper chance in pre season!

Lol, yeah sell Hughes and keep 'maybe 1 of Anya, Weimann or Blackman' - that'll see us right in the Prem! Hughes' new challenge will be getting GR to play him consistently.

35 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol, yeah sell Hughes and keep 'maybe 1 of Anya, Weimann or Blackman' - that'll see us right in the Prem! Hughes' new challenge will be getting GR to play him consistently.

Hughes has nothing to do with the other 3 different positions? So I don't get your point! If Rowett doesn't want him then end off.

2 minutes ago, Topram said:

Hughes has nothing to do with the other 3 different positions? So I don't get your point! If Rowett doesn't want him then end off.

End off? Whatever.

I'm amused by the idea of selling Hughes and keeping Blackman.

19 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

End off? Whatever.

I'm amused by the idea of selling Hughes and keeping Blackman.

Because Blackman doesn't raise funds? Has he even had a chance no? Hughes is worth big money and has been poor this season! Blackman isn't a midfielder so it doesn't matter 

Perfect summer would be selling 

Blackman

Weimann

Razza 

Pearce

Olsson

Then add 1 CDM and a winger. 

Oh and keep Ince and Hughes as long with Martin.

??

I think it would begin with a face to face meeting with Mel.

discussing the football, the team, the tactics......

maybe a stroll along the river.

mel breaking into a trot.

me chasing after him

Both of us running barefoot across the grass.

mel shouting "chase me, chase me"

In:

Ledley - Free

Jota - 6-8mil

Ibe - loan

Watkins - 2mil

Out:

Christie - 1.5mil

Shackell - 1mil

Olsson - 750k

Hughes - 15+mil

Bryson - 1-2mil

Blackman - whatever anyone will pay

Camara - 1-1.5mil

Weimann - 2mil

Bent - 1mil

Carson

Wisdom Keogh Davies Forsyth

Thorne Ledley

Ince              Jota              Ibe

Martin

Rowett is no silly 2 really good defenders in now to get rid of keogh and ince and I'd be happy both good players but things need to change , keogh has too many mistakes in him and ince I just don't get , if we were offered10 million for him I'd drive him there myself 

Archived