What would your perfect summer transfer window be?

RamsPolls

57 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Out

Hanson - £200,000 - £400,000 because he won't get proper game time 

I see absolutely no point in selling Hanson?! Doesn't make any sense.

Apart from that I'm agreeing with Jourdan (+ Wisdom in). Would prefer Olsson though.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, GermanRam said:

Apart from that I'm agreeing with Jourdan (+ Wisdom in). Would prefer Olsson though.

Hanson is at a point in his career at Derby now where he either needs to step to being a regular rotation player or move on for regular football.

Votes for who should be shipped out @ 130617 15:00

Abdoul Camara  10
Nick Blackman  10
Darren Bent  8
Craig Bryson  6
Cyrus Christie  6
Johnny Russell  6
Marcus Olsson  6
Alex Pearce  5
Andreas Weimann  5
Jacob Butterfield  5
Jason Shackell  5
Ikechi Anya  4
Jamie Hanson  4
Richard Keogh  4
Kelle Roos  2
Matěj Vydra  2
Bradley Johnson  1
Chris Martin  1
Tom Ince  1
Will Hughes   1

Callum Guy  0
Charles Vernam  0
Chris Baird  0
Craig Forsyth  0
Curtis Davies   0
David Nugent  0
Farrend Rawson  0
George Thorne  0
Jonathan Mitchell  0
Kyle McAllister  0
Max Lowe  0
Scott Carson  0
Timi Elšnik  0

I can see our perfect window shaping our team...

Carson

Wisdom   Davies   Keogh   Lowe

Irvine     Thorne

Ince         Hughes         Boyd

Martin

God that looks good.

Hope Irvine's decent because he'll most likely end up playing alongside Bradders once George fractures his last stable bone.

Based on my transfers...

Carson

Wisdom   Manga   Davies   Forsyth

Thorne   Hughes

Ince         Vydra         Sako

Martin

Bench any 7 from (bold would be my choices) - Mitchell, Baird, Shackell, Olsson, Johnson, Ledley, Anya, Boyd, Lawrence, Nugent, Watkins

My perfect summer would be :

in: wisdom Davies 

10 out: Baird Olsson Keogh Butterfield Anya weimann Martin Bent Camara Blackman

Add youth: Lowe Zanzala Elsnik Bennett Rawson Hanson 

SQUAD

GK :Carson Mitchell 

RB: christie wisdom

CB: Davies Shacks Rawson Pearce 

LB Lowe/Fozzy

DCM: Thorne Hanson Johnson 

ACM: Hughes Bryson Ince Elsnik

wingers : Russell Bennett 

forwards: Nugent Vydra Zanzala 

Mean lean young fighting machine

1 hour ago, brady1993 said:

Hanson is at a point in his career at Derby now where he either needs to step to being a regular rotation player or move on for regular football.

True, but I still have faith in him to use his full potential.

I'd look at shifting

Christie- 2 mil

Bryson- loan/500k

Keogh- 6m

Russell- 3m

Bent- loan

Pearce- 1m

Camara- 1m

Roos- Loan

Blackman- 1m

Hanson- loan for game time

Olsson- 1m

Brings in about 15 million to play with, ins would be:

Wisdom- 2m

Ayala- 5m

Manga- free

Boyd- free

Ibe- 12m ( the big one)

Watkins- 3m

Total ins of about 22m, so a 7m outlay, pretty consistent with losses under ffp

Think that would mean we'd conduct enough of a rebuild without losing too much major quality, but also reducing the squad size a bit ensuring quality over quantity 

2 hours ago, GermanRam said:

More a case of the lad getting a game of football because opportunities are very limited for him.

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

My perfect summer would be :

in: wisdom Davies 

10 out: Baird Olsson Keogh Butterfield Anya weimann Martin Bent Camara Blackman

Add youth: Lowe Zanzala Elsnik Bennett Rawson Hanson 

SQUAD

GK :Carson Mitchell 

RB: christie wisdom

CB: Davies Shacks Rawson Pearce 

LB Lowe/Fozzy

DCM: Thorne Hanson Johnson 

ACM: Hughes Bryson Ince Elsnik

wingers : Russell Bennett 

forwards: Nugent Vydra Zanzala 

Mean lean young fighting machine

What a fighting machine for a top half finish?

I am pretty happy so far, assuming the Wisdom works out.

need to lose Blackman and Camara. Not getting personal but they just don't fit 

midfield needs balancing assuming fitness of all we have 

George, Will, Hanson, Butters, Bryson, Johnson. Which seems top heavy for 2 / 3 places 

The additions at the back are needed given age / resilience of Shacks and Baird. 

Forward line .. With CM's return, Nuge Vydra and Weiman in the frame looks reasonably covered. 

We can do ok with JR/Ince/Anya on the flanks .. Maybe an addition would help. In a sense we never really replaced Jamie 

1 hour ago, brady1993 said:

I'm a little surprised by the number of people that have Bryson on their list but not Johnson. 

Would some care to explain their logic behind? Is it to do with perceiving Johnson as a better fit as one of the two in a 4231 ? 

Well I can't speak for everyone, but my decision was based around Johnson being in my top 5 best players from last season. I know it ain't saying a lot, but think he was criminally underrated by many last season, in months of upheaval where most of the midfield struggled he was the most consistent performer. Bryson has done nothing of note consistently for years now really, and struggles with fitness so I'd let him go out to get regular football, seems a nice bloke he deserves it.

Add that to the fact like you say he can be the cover for Thorne we've been looking for for ages, and I think you have your answer. That being said, both will stay as I think they're actually Rowetts favoured midfielders, but we shall see

9 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Well I can't speak for everyone, but my decision was based around Johnson being in my top 5 best players from last season. I know it ain't saying a lot, but think he was criminally underrated by many last season, in months of upheaval where most of the midfield struggled he was the most consistent performer. Bryson has done nothing of note consistently for years now really, and struggles with fitness so I'd let him go out to get regular football, seems a nice bloke he deserves it.

Add that to the fact like you say he can be the cover for Thorne we've been looking for for ages, and I think you have your answer. That being said, both will stay as I think they're actually Rowetts favoured midfielders, but we shall see

It's an interesting one. Johnson is actually quite versatile. For me he is better as a marauder up the pitch but he worked hard and adapted to do a workmanlike job at DM. He can be a wayward and clumsy at times. I have mixed feelings about Bryson since his injury. He has lost a bit of sparkle but with better hold up play he might get an Indian summer. So much of this depends on where we end up with George and how Will fits (or not) in a GR team. In that 4231 I could easily see George and Will as the 2 and with quality behind the front players we might really have something. Will doesn't need to score more goals if he can make them for others. 

After Wisdom get Jordan Ibe back in for the left wing, I'd guess on loan and a tough box to box player and that would do for me. There's enough quality and depth besides if you look at youngsters making a step up to squad players. After that it's just a case of replacing any of the first teamers who leave. 

Christie, Shackell, Butterfield, Bryson, Bent, Camara, Weimann and Olsson all expendable.

Loan Hanson and Blackman out to pick up experience and form/fitness respectively.

Archived