What would your perfect summer transfer window be?

RamsPolls

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

we'll play a 4-2-3-1, which means hughes would go as his creativity will be missed as a holding role but will lack enough end product for attacking mid, would love to see something like this at the beginning of the season.

Carson

Wisdom - Keogh - Davies - Forsyth

Thorne   -   Ledley

Ince     -     Martin     -     Ibe

Nugent

The sale of hughes could fund Ibe.

Then ship out the likes of blackman, camara and be left with a bench of the following

Mitchell - Pearce - Lowe - Johnson - butterfield - russell - weimman.

That'd be good enough for me, if someone gets injured we can promote from the u21's

Updating my ideal ending to this window, taking into consideration the likely departures of Ince and Hughes...

(4-4-1-1)

- - - - - - - - - - - Carson - - - - - - - - - - 

Wisdom - - Keogh - - Davies - - Forsyth

Burke*- Thorne - Whelan*/Irvine* - March*/Ibe*

- - - - - - - - - - - Vydra - - - - - - - - - - - - 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Martin - - - - - -

SUBS: Mitchell, Pearce, Butterfield, Russell, Watkins, Nugent

(*If we can bring them in)

57 minutes ago, Lord_Ram said:

we'll play a 4-2-3-1, which means hughes would go as his creativity will be missed as a holding role but will lack enough end product for attacking mid, would love to see something like this at the beginning of the season.

Carson

Wisdom - Keogh - Davies - Forsyth

Thorne   -   Ledley

Ince     -     Martin     -     Ibe

Nugent

The sale of hughes could fund Ibe.

Then ship out the likes of blackman, camara and be left with a bench of the following

Mitchell - Pearce - Lowe - Johnson - butterfield - russell - weimman.

That'd be good enough for me, if someone gets injured we can promote from the u21's

We're does our record signing feature ?

Carson

Wisdom Davies Keogh.  Fozzy                                                              

Thorne        Whealen 

Ince          Vydra          Weimann 

Martin/ Nugent 

11 hours ago, Topram said:

Carson

Wisdom  Keogh Davies.  Fozzy                                                              

Thorne        Whealen 

Ince          Vydra          Weimann 

Martin/ Nugent 

FTFY :D 

2 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

I would love for us to be able to sell Ince to Huddersfield and for us to bring in Solly March & Jordan Ibe... 

What an attack we would have. 

2 players that a certain twitter account has linked us to, as each day passes I'm more and more convinced I know who's behind it ;) 

1 minute ago, David said:

2 players that a certain twitter account has linked us to, as each day passes I'm more and more convinced I know who's behind it ;) 

I found out last night actually David... If you wish to know then PM me :D 

11 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

I would love for us to be able to sell Ince to Huddersfield and for us to bring in Solly March & Jordan Ibe... 

What an attack we would have. 

Agreed but have we had a link to either of these players? Why would March want to drop back down to the Championship?

15 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Agreed but have we had a link to either of these players? Why would March want to drop back down to the Championship?

We haven't mate. They're quality players though, Also March may find game time slim at Brighton as he plays the same position as knockaert. 

After having a look at the first team squad, ashamed that we've got so many players I can't remember them all at once, I would say:

Roos - available to a good home. 

Pearce - steady, but I get the feeling his wages could be high.
Christie - I feel the hype around his form for Ireland could play a similar, although lesser, part in us picking up a decent fee.
Olsson - I don't actually think he's as bad as people make out. I do, however, feel Forsyth is our best player. Anya can cover just about anywhere. Olsson, therefore, stops the opportunities Lowe gets - potentially. 

Camara - flashes from the bench, pitiful from the start. I can see him having an impact role, nothing more, which stands in the way of a similar capacity Bennett could potentially have next season.
Johnson - He's going to be one of the highest earners, which I don't feel he warrants. I'd like to see us try and get him back to Norwich. 
Butterfield - he either needs chucking or coaching. He has ability, but he's so passive in possession that it becomes frustrating to watch. He needs to be more decisive, he needs to take more chances. He needs more confidence. 

Weimann - I know some people like him, but I still see a below-par footballer. He chases the ball like a dog chases a ball. I don't know where he fits, nor what his best position is. I actually feel like he's a lesser version of Johnny Russell. 
Blackman - Now, I can see him being on first on everyone's list to go. I actually wouldn't mind if he stayed and had another crack under Rowett, partly because I feel like he's technically a good footballer. He needs confidence and coaching, but I'd be more than happy to see him have another season than being sold on the cheap. Any reasonable offer and I'd still get rid, mind. 

The rest I'd be more incline to keep, especially if the other option is a derisory bid. You only have to look at Baird to see how it can change quickly. 

On 6/13/2017 at 15:41, Ninos said:

My perfect summer would be :

in: wisdom Davies 

10 out: Baird Olsson Keogh Butterfield Anya weimann Martin Bent Camara Blackman

Add youth: Lowe Zanzala Elsnik Bennett Rawson Hanson 

SQUAD

GK :Carson Mitchell 

RB: christie wisdom

CB: Davies Shacks Rawson Pearce 

LB Lowe/Fozzy

DCM: Thorne Hanson Johnson 

ACM: Hughes Bryson Ince Elsnik

wingers : Russell Bennett 

forwards: Nugent Vydra Zanzala 

Mean lean young fighting machine

So you'd have Nugent, Vydra AND ZANZALA ahead of a striker who's netted 63 times in 3 seasons at the club? Interesting...

Which reminds me that you offered to bet folk that Zanzala would score more goals for us this year than Martin (assuming both are at the club). A few of us piped up for that bet but you declined to respond.... What's up with that?

On 6/19/2017 at 08:48, RamsPolls said:

I found out last night actually David... If you wish to know then PM me :D 

So it is you then ;)

31 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

After having a look at the first team squad, ashamed that we've got so many players I can't remember them all at once, I would say:

Roos

Pearce.
Christie
Olsson

Camara
Johnson
Butterfield

Weimann

Errr Blackman too?

I wonder how many of the 'valueless' players we'll be able to move on?

53 minutes ago, 86 points said:

So you'd have Nugent, Vydra AND ZANZALA ahead of a striker who's netted 63 times in 3 seasons at the club? Interesting...

Which reminds me that you offered to bet folk that Zanzala would score more goals for us this year than Martin (assuming both are at the club). A few of us piped up for that bet but you declined to respond.... What's up with that?

Remembered that bet hahaha. Oh Dear. :lol:

Assuming Tom Ince is leaving(?) & we'll be playing 4-2-3-1 formation then we could line up something like:

Carson 

Wisdom   Keogh   Davies   Fozzy

Thorne   Johnson

Russell   Martin   Hughes

Nugent

Which looks strong enough, certainly nothing else needed in GK/Defence/CF positions. I don't think we're far off having a team that can challenge, even without Ince. If Ince is moving on then I'd love Ibe or similar. Boyd on a free looks like he fits the system. And another CM to challenge for one of the CDM positions (not just back up).

Then for me just a few outs - Bent isn't needed, Camara, Wieman, Blackman, Olsson - ship out any that aren't going to contribute.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Errr Blackman too?

I wonder how many of the 'valueless' players we'll be able to move on?

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Christie - I feel the hype around his form for Ireland could play a similar, although lesser, part in us picking up a decent fee.
Olsson - I don't actually think he's as bad as people make out. I do, however, feel Forsyth is our best player. Anya can cover just about anywhere. Olsson, therefore, stops the opportunities Lowe gets - potentially. 

Camara - flashes from the bench, pitiful from the start. I can see him having an impact role, nothing more, which stands in the way of a similar capacity Bennett could potentially have next season.
Johnson - He's going to be one of the highest earners, which I don't feel he warrants. I'd like to see us try and get him back to Norwich. 
Butterfield - he either needs chucking or coaching. He has ability, but he's so passive in possession that it becomes frustrating to watch. He needs to be more decisive, he needs to take more chances. He needs more confidence. 

Weimann - I know some people like him, but I still see a below-par footballer. He chases the ball like a dog chases a ball. I don't know where he fits, nor what his best position is. I actually feel like he's a lesser version of Johnny Russell. 
Blackman - Now, I can see him being on first on everyone's list to go. I actually wouldn't mind if he stayed and had another crack under Rowett, partly because I feel like he's technically a good footballer. He needs confidence and coaching, but I'd be more than happy to see him have another season than being sold on the cheap. Any reasonable offer and I'd still get rid, mind. 

The rest I'd be more incline to keep, especially if the other option is a derisory bid. You only have to look at Baird to see how it can change quickly. 

I still think Butterfield can be a good player for us technically after Hughes he is our best Midfielder although I admit he needs to be more positive but I would have him ahead of Bryson and Johbson any day

Actually Butterfields worst is yet to come ... you've seen the best. Worry about that.

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

A wee bit harsh on Johnson but the rest of what you say is bang on the money, especially about Weimann who is indeed that dog you refer to.

but the main point is that all these mediocre players block the path of the academy youngsters like Elsnik And others.

1 hour ago, Parsnip said:

Assuming Tom Ince is leaving(?) & we'll be playing 4-2-3-1 formation then we could line up something like:

Carson 

Wisdom   Keogh   Davies   Fozzy

Thorne   Johnson

Russell   Martin   Hughes

Nugent

Which looks strong enough, certainly nothing else needed in GK/Defence/CF positions. I don't think we're far off having a team that can challenge, even without Ince. If Ince is moving on then I'd love Ibe or similar. Boyd on a free looks like he fits the system. And another CM to challenge for one of the CDM positions (not just back up).

Then for me just a few outs - Bent isn't needed, Camara, Wieman, Blackman, Olsson - ship out any that aren't going to contribute.

Agree with that except for Hughes on the left, based on what we have at the monent. 

However, that side is seriously lacking pace.Perhaps proves how much work we still have to do in the transfer markets 

Archived