Abdoul Camara - Contract terminated by mutual consent

Day

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or of course,

the people who were making offers for him, if they existed, were not clubs he was interested in going to. 

Weird. Should have got something for him. And if we planned to buy out a forward's contract, why Camara and not Blackman?

Still, this gives us space on the wage bill and in the squad I suppose. Hopefully we sign a winger who's an improvement on Russell.

Perhaps someone with more knowledge can correct me/back me up, but I believe the "mutual consent" part means that this has cost us no money* to do. It's simply wiped a wage off the bill.

*Other than the fee we paid to buy him, of course... 

2 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:

Weird. Should have got something for him. And if we planned to buy out a forward's contract, why Camara and not Blackman?

Still, this gives us space on the wage bill and in the squad I suppose. Hopefully we sign a winger who's an improvement on Russell.

Think we'll do the same for Blackman as well, no one wants either of them because they're frankly *****. It's done by mutual consent though so we won't have had to pay out his whole remaining two year contract I dount, he'll have forfeited his contract to move somewhere else for free with some compensation, but no his wages. 

11 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Perhaps someone with more knowledge can correct me/back me up, but I believe the "mutual consent" part means that this has cost us no money* to do. It's simply wiped a wage off the bill.

'Mutual consent' I think means that we've paid off the rest of his contract and he's agreed to that. If he didn't want us to pay off the rest of his contract and he wanted to stick around, I'm not sure there was anything we could do. 

6 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

3 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

'Mutual consent' I think means that we've paid off the rest of his contract and he's agreed to that. If he didn't want us to pay off the rest of his contract and he wanted to stick around, I'm not sure there was anything we could do. 

Actually I'm pretty sure we can cancel any contract at any time but would have to pay off the whole thing

Mutual consent usually means an agreed pay off which is somewhere between zero and the full value of the contract

6 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Probably some money but obviously not his full contract. Remember if we sell him without him asking to go, we're still liable for his contract so unless you're going to get a significant sum, you end up with this scenario. This way we save on some salary, he can join whoever he likes.

Shame, had high hopes for him. But then I always do, being an optimist.....

9 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Think we've paid him off. 

Mutual consent at least means no pay off.

What are the odds on Bent, Shackell, Pearce, Weimann or Thorne going the same way?

Actually I reckon Shackell will just sit on his paycheck until his deal expires, the rest might at least want to play.

Strange one but I can only assume there were a lack of offers, he knows he isn't in Rowetts plans and in fairness to him, regardless of his ability on the pitch, he's been patient and little trouble so the club may have just given him the chance to find somewhere to be happy rather than potentially waste another year of his life.

Still think he should have been played as a striker at some point. Wasn't clever enough for midfield but had pace to burn and a decent shot on him.

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Depends on precisely what they have 'mutually consented' to. There might be a part of his remaining contracted paid to him, or there might not be. We simply don't know. Seems to me, it's more likely that a financial compromise will have been reached between the two parties, so we will probably have to pay out something to get him to leave.

12 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Actually I'm pretty sure we can cancel any contract at any time but would have to pay off the whole thing

Mutual consent usually means an agreed pay off which is somewhere between zero and the full value of the contract

I stand corrected

Archived