Abdoul Camara - Contract terminated by mutual consent

Day

2 minutes ago, 86 points said:

FFS. This window is like watching a car crash in super slow-mo. Off to the pub soon as. 

TBH last summer I would have agreed but what have these players done in the last year to really justify staying bar maybe Ince, Carson and Nugent? Season after season of let down now.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, tomsdubs said:

TBH last summer I would have agreed but what have these players done in the last year to really justify staying bar maybe Ince, Carson and Nugent? Season after season of let down now.

Not fussed about him leaving it's the fact that we couldn't recoup a single penny of his fee. That seems utterly incredible to me but then what do I know!

What a (another) terrible bit of business he was. No offence to the guy, seemed quite likeable and gave his all when selected but what a bad bad signing.

He'll certainly feature in the annual "worst ever transfer" threads of years to come.

Wages free'd up though, one bit of good news in a cloud of bad.  

16 minutes ago, Posh Ram said:

Still, this gives us space on the wage bill and in the squad I suppose. Hopefully we sign a winger who's an improvement on Russell.

Ha ha ha! That's been a long time and lots of players coming hasn't it. Be careful what you wish for I reckon.

6 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

*** CLEARLY THERE WAS NO INTEREST IN HIM ('COS HE'S AWFUL) SO IT BENEFITS THE CLUB TO CANCEL HIS CONTRACT FOR FREE ***

What is wrong with you people?!

Well clearly there's a feeling that we should have been able to secure even a nominal fee for a £1.25 million player. Not that hard to fathom, is it? And stop fookin shouting! 

1 minute ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Hopefully Blackman is next. ?

I think Blackman will very much feature in Rowetts plan and in pre season and early part of the season. He has a lot of attributes Rowett would want in a player, particularly work ethic.

Think you need to get off the guys back. Fair enough a player who isn't bothered about playing or who is just picking up a pay packet. But Blackman looks like he works hard and has bought into the club (working with Punjabi Rams being one) he might end up showing he's not good enough, fair enough. But a few fans need to move their poison away from the club. Go have a summer holiday

(not directly at you DEL, you're just the quote)

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Seriously, DEL? This rubbish again? Give the guy a break. Maybe even a second chance.

Don't like it don't read it then. 

Been slagged off all season, not good enough, waste of time etc.

No one willing to pay a fee because he's not very good.

Derby release him on a free

DCFCFans goes into melt down because we didn't get any money on a player they was slaggin off for 12 months previous.

The Derby Way.

:lol:

1 minute ago, mwram1973 said:

Been slagged off all season, not good enough, waste of time etc.

No one willing to pay a fee because he's not very good.

Derby release him on a free

DCFCFans goes into melt down because we didn't get any money on a player they was slaggin off for 12 months previous.

The Derby Way.

:lol:

This is funny. :lol:

9 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

To me, this looks like teams are interesting but not willing to pay a fee. He's got a few offers, so we have agreed to let him leave without paying him off, so he has time to choose his next move

Paying him off this early into the window would be an odd decision. 

Think this will exactly be the case. Gets him off the wage bill now rather than messing around waiting. Suspect GR is massively putting the pressure on now to get bodies out. 

Why is everyone concerned about recouping a couple of hundred thousand? If there was solid interest in him they would try and sell or loan. There clearly isn't so you have two options... Wait until there is or come to a mutual agreement. Say we wait 6 weeks at best, because if nobody is going to show interest now then why will they before he's played another game, we pay him wages for 6 weeks at probably 30k a week when you factor in employer contributions that's £180k. So agree that it gives him the best opportunity to find a new club and it stops the club spunking wages on someone who isn't good enough. Works for everyone. 

Blackman is way better than Camara and I'm still unsure on him so that tells you a lot about Camara's performances.

Sometimes Blackman looks like a talented player with good technique but he just ends up doing absolutely nothing. He's got one chance left here I think. Only because Rowett hasn't tested him yet.

Archived