bad booze

dog

2 minutes ago, jono said:

Another "why do they do it" is mega strength craft beers .. jeees 7% and 8% .. is that really beer or is it falling over liquid ?  

Same. If I have a drink I want a few pints, not one or two which I have to drink super slow so I don't end up running around in a field with pants on my head. 

Anything over 5% is asking for trouble.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jono said:

I love red wine but I've got weird taste buds.

Over the last 15 years there has been a trend in the mass market that favours high alcohol 14%+ reds from places like Australia and Chile. ( even the French and the Italians are doing it now ) From my POV They all have too much sugar to the point that it is like boozy Ribena ... not for me I'm afraid !

On a budget I would much prefer plonky vinager ....:ermm:

Another "why do they do it" is mega strength craft beers .. jeees 7% and 8% .. is that really beer or is it falling over liquid ?  

On the whole, I think people are getting sweeter tastes in alcohol. See the same in beer, and cider. Tends to be sweeter = stronger.

2 hours ago, David said:

Same. If I have a drink I want a few pints, not one or two which I have to drink super slow so I don't end up running around in a field with pants on my head. 

Anything over 5% is asking for trouble.

You build up a tolerance. Liquid volume makes me ill far more often than alcoholic volume does.

Quality over quantity every time.

1 minute ago, Coconut said:

You build up a tolerance. Liquid volume makes me ill far more often than alcoholic volume does.

Quality over quantity every time.

I guess, quantity over quality also makes you pretty fat I can testify to that, but some of the 9, 10% stuff just seems insane to me. 

Can imagine quite a few pants on head moments whilst you build up that intolerance. 

Heard the hangovers are less harsh though, not so much shitty fluid in your system dehydrating you

Sith Happens
22 minutes ago, Coconut said:

This stuff

dragon_soop.jpg

8% alcohol energy drinks. Drink 3 in a row and I suspect you die.

Drink 3 cans of that and you deserve too :)

Sith Happens

If you are on holiday in somewhere like Greece, anything they dish you up as a post meal freebie, you feel you have to drink it so you dont come across as rude...knock it back as quick as and try not to pull a face as it rips your insides apart.

31 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

If you are on holiday in somewhere like Greece, anything they dish you up as a post meal freebie, you feel you have to drink it so you dont come across as rude...knock it back as quick as and try not to pull a face as it rips your insides apart.

They always call it Scnapps, just to fool you into thinking it's not industrial grade ethanol.

Grappa can do one too, nothing but alcoholic Olive Oil.

12 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Or save it in an empty water bottle to clean your ancient coin finds up later.

On 12 June 2017 at 18:10, reveldevil said:

They always call it Scnapps, just to fool you into thinking it's not industrial grade ethanol.

Grappa can do one too, nothing but alcoholic Olive Oil.

Noooooo ! ... With Grappa you have to drink it in the right situation ... Cafe coretto .. A snifter of Grappa in your espresso after eating .. Heaven 

1 minute ago, jono said:

Noooooo ! ... With Grappa you have to drink it in the right situation ... Cafe coretto .. A snifter of Grappa in your espresso after eating .. Heaven 

There are two acceptable additions to coffee, unless you're a bird.

Milk and sugar.

Archived