Keogh

TroyDyer

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

It's the same guy who told me to go to the pub to see rush talking to mac the night he signed. However I hope he is mistaken too

I believe you, I just really hoped we'd see more sense than sell to a direct competitor. 

We have some excellent players in the squad, but unfortunately many of them are tainted by repeated attempts to get out of the Championship.

To use a Ian Holloway type analogy they are like a tired girl band who have released one single too many and now can't even get into the charts. We need a new line up with Simon Cowell rather than Louis Walsh in charge.

8 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

It's the same guy who told me to go to the pub to see rush talking to mac the night he signed. However I hope he is mistaken too

My understanding is that meeting never took place, not at the pub at least. McClaren was talking to his agent in the pub that night. Small detail, but an important one.

7 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

Told he has signed for Wednesday and will not be going on trip. Should be announced tomorrow 

No reason to doubt you (yet). Interesting move if true. Wonder if that will spark a move for another CB, or whether Rowett will go with what we've got. 

12 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Surely Keogh is the most Rowett player we have?! I may be in the minority but I think he's the best CB we've had in a long time.

Think you're wrong - reckon you're very much in the majority. Easily our best defender.

7 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

My understanding is that meeting never took place, not at the pub at least. McClaren was talking to his agent in the pub that night. Small detail, but an important one.

Your wrong. I was in there and so were they. Back of the restaurant part of the white hart

I've no loyalty to any player really. Its football. It's business. Players come and go. 

Yes there are players that I'd like to see go more than others. But everyone has a price. 

I like Keogh. Think he's unfairly criticised. But 4 million rising to 6 is a good fee and one which I would take. 

I also think it would be good for Keogh. Cos some of the fans will unfortunately have it in for him until he leaves. 

Id like to see the deadwood go. But in all fairness. The deadwood isn't the problem. The deadwood didn't start games last season or the season before. The players that have been out on the pitch week in week out are the ones who have failed to deliver. 

I've heard nothing on Keogh leaving. 

27 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Think you're wrong - reckon you're very much in the majority. Easily our best defender.

I don't know... majority of our fans seem to have a dig at anyone and everyone... I just about remember Igor, after that CB has been pretty average throughout! I really rate Keogh, I don't think he's amazing but I rate him. Some fans need a reality check, we are derby county! As much as we hate it we are now an established championship team! Keogh is probably one of the best championship defenders there is! I'll support every player that puts on the shirt regardless, they're lucky enough to do what I dreamt of doing as a kid. I've never really understood the grief Keogh gets and if he leaves I think a lot of the people having a go will realise what a decent player he actually is.

20 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I like Keogh. Think he's unfairly criticised. But 4 million rising to 6 is a good fee and one which I would take. 

It sounds like a good fee until you look at the other fees quoted for defenders. Flint - £5m. Hanley - £5m. If we sold Keogh and replaced him with either of these, then I don't think that would be an overly good deal. We'd be out of pocket and no stronger in my opinion.

Roberts is a very good defender, I'd like him here, but again we would probably need to pay more than the £4m fee for Keogh. Not really sure why we would sell Keogh unless GR is absolutely certain we are getting a better player for a similar fee or less.

There's certainly something to be said for this being the right deal for both parties. I think @David mentioned this on the podcast, but if this really is going to be a new chapter for us under Rowett, a fresh start with a new system and a very different looking playing squad, then one of the key things you probably need to change is your Captain.

The guy has been a great servant to this club, and has given us his all. But. with the club moving in a new direction, maybe its time for Keogh to face a new challenge elsewhere. 

Archived