Steve Bloomer

Coneheadjohn

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, BarrowRam said:

Great read. Steve bloomer was an absolute legend. Should make a film about his life.

When you think about it wouldn't it be great ! What a journey he had  even by today's standards and yet  it was 100 years ago. His early career, then internment then more career and managing in Spain 2 generations before European football really got going. A great and a pioneer. 

26 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Fun fact.

Steve's great great great great grandson has a season ticket next to me in the South Stand.

My Neighbour is a multiple great nephew ( he isn't quite sure how many greats or removes ) but it's kind of cool living in Derby next door to a bloomer :lol: 

23 hours ago, jono said:

My Neighbour is a multiple great nephew ( he isn't quite sure how many greats or removes ) but it's kind of cool living in Derby next door to a bloomer :lol: 

My neighbour knows half a dozen bloomers, they are regularly hanging out with them in the back garden, it's kind of cool (usually freezing!) living in Inverurie next door to bloomers :ph34r:

35i29ms.jpg

11 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

My neighbour knows half a dozen bloomers, they are regularly hanging out with them in the back garden, it's kind of cool (usually freezing!) living in Inverurie next door to bloomers :ph34r:

35i29ms.jpg

This post is pretty much ... blasphemy. 

There have been some great "true sporting" movies / TV series that caught imaginations and were serious box office hits rather than just carbs for fans like "Goal !" ( I confess I really enjoyed the first one of those in a light hearted easy watch way.)

Chariots of fire, the recent James Hunt movie, one I saw an age ago about Billy Mills a native American 10,000 metre runner who won a gold against all odds. Then you get field of dreams, That damned United, Hillsborough and then the David Tennant one United.

The destroying Angel would be a wonderful tale even allowing for our natural bias 

1 hour ago, jono said:

There have been some great "true sporting" movies / TV series that caught imaginations and were serious box office hits rather than just carbs for fans like "Goal !" ( I confess I really enjoyed the first one of those in a light hearted easy watch way.)

Chariots of fire, the recent James Hunt movie, one I saw an age ago about Billy Mills a native American 10,000 metre runner who won a gold against all odds. Then you get field of dreams, That damned United, Hillsborough and then the David Tennant one United.

The destroying Angel would be a wonderful tale even allowing for our natural bias 

If only we had a young movie star, preferably local and a fan of the club, who could play him!

Fun story, my great great grandad was good friends with Bloomer. Bloomer was putting on a match of Derby XI vs England XI and they were a player short so he ran to the pub and found my GG grandad pissed and dragged him off to play for them. Got a picture at home somewhere of the lineup. wouldn't mean much to see it but if you then saw a picture of my old man then you could spot the relative on there immediately.

Archived