Summer Transfers 2017

Kernow

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Man City make another big/money signing.

Bernardo Silva (22) - £42.5m

Ederson (23) - £34m

Kyle Walker (27) - £43.5m

Benjamin Mendy (23) - £52m

Douglas Luiz (19) - £10.2m

I said City were planning on buying younger players this summer while getting rid of the likes of Caballero, Zabaleta, Sagna, Nasri, Kolorov, Nolito, Jesus Navas and Clichy who are all in their 30s.

I expect Bony, Delph, Iheanacho and possibly Fernando to leave too.

Guardiola has undertaken arguably the biggest rebuild job in Europe with the squad vastly changing. They had to though, with so many in their 30s and well past their prime. Last season he picked up such an ageing squad.

People are tipping them for the title this season. I still think they're behind Chelsea in terms of squad quality, but they're putting the right building blocks in place to really challenge on all fronts in the coming few years.

As it stands, Chelsea are still the team to beat for me. I don't see anyone that has really improved leaps and bounds.

Man City will be exciting going forward and will blow teams away on their best day as they have a great number of attack-minded players. But you look at their team and it just feels like there is something missing. Solidity, stature, and resilience, the ingredients you need to win titles. They really need to have Kompany and Gundogan fit and firing, or address those problem areas of centre back and central midfield.

The one thing that might give the other teams some hope is that Chelsea are treading a fine line with their squad size, especially if they lose Costa and Matic as rumoured. Personally I would have seen the value in keeping some of their youngsters around. They have sold and loaned out an alarming number.

On the one hand, these players - the likes of Ake, Zouma, Loftus-Cheek, Piazon, Traore and Abraham - need first-team football and it is a big ask to break into what is typically a very strong and settled eleven. I can see that Conte wants the squad to be tight knit and for every player in his squad to have a role and it is commendable. But any injuries and their squad looks terribly thin. Take into account the added strain Champions League football could potentially bring (with up to 13 fixtures added to their schedule) and it would worry me.

That said, there is still over a month to go in the transfer window, so much can change. I would be very surprised if Chelsea didn't make 2-3 additions to beef up their squad.

In fact, I expect all of the top six teams will still be in the market for players.

5 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Man City make another big/money signing.

Bernardo Silva (22) - £42.5m

Ederson (23) - £34m

Kyle Walker (27) - £43.5m

Benjamin Mendy (23) - £52m

Douglas Luiz (19) - £10.2m

I said City were planning on buying younger players this summer while getting rid of the likes of Caballero, Zabaleta, Sagna, Nasri, Kolorov, Nolito, Jesus Navas and Clichy who are all in their 30s.

I expect Bony, Delph, Iheanacho and possibly Fernando to leave too.

Guardiola has undertaken arguably the biggest rebuild job in Europe with the squad vastly changing. They had to though, with so many in their 30s and well past their prime. Last season he picked up such an ageing squad.

People are tipping them for the title this season. I still think they're behind Chelsea in terms of squad quality, but they're putting the right building blocks in place to really challenge on all fronts in the coming few years.

I still can't see City going anywhere under Pep. Especially when he buys average players for top dollar. I very much doubt they'll even finish top 4 this season. I'll be glad to be proven wrong though :whistle:

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I still can't see City going anywhere under Pep. Especially when he buys average players for top dollar. I very much doubt they'll even finish top 4 this season. I'll be glad to be proven wrong though :whistle:

Who do you think he has bought who is average?

11 hours ago, Hermanshire said:

PSG wants to buy Alexis Sanchez who wants a weekly salary of £526 000. What is going to use the money on? Start his own space program?

Could afford to pay for a year of Gary Lineker with one months wages, should see if he's interested

3 hours ago, Rample said:

Bid officially rejected for Shotton too. Expected to come back this week and meet Brum's asking price.

Shotton and Christie next to each other in the back four of a favourite for promotion? I'm completely fine with that...

9 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

What are boro trying to do, build a defence of derby failures? They've bought half the defence that shipped all those goals at the back end of the 14-15 season! Albentosa and Forsyth at centre half And they're all set!

They can leave fozzy alone thanks!!

Archived