Summer Transfers 2017

Kernow

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

To add on the man city front , I don't understand why they have spent £27 million on what's going to be there 2nd choice right back ? 

Because they can? Not sure how all their spending fits FFP - seems like a lot more cash going out than coming in.

19 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Because they can? Not sure how all their spending fits FFP - seems like a lot more cash going out than coming in.

Not sure about the financial side but Walker and Mendy are replacements for the departed Zabaleta and Kolarov. There's about a £92m deficit after those deals. 

I'm sure he said he wanted 4 full backs and at the time Rose was mentioned in addition to Mendy. Maybe instead Danilo is first choice cover for both sides.

Having spent £233m on 6 defenders, and £52m on 2 keepers in about 2 years, not including already having Hart, Kompany and others, a stellar youth system, plus a handful of very pricey defensive midfielders, they shouldn't even be conceding double figures next season.

Mendy 52m

Stones 47.5m

Walker 45m

Mangala 40m

Otamendi 32m

Danilo 27m

Eduardo 35m

Bravo 17m

Pretty sure the record fee will be broken by van Dijk or  maybe Keogh soon.

47 minutes ago, Rample said:

Not sure about the financial side but Walker and Mendy are replacements for the departed Zabaleta and Kolarov. There's about a £92m deficit after those deals. 

I'm sure he said he wanted 4 full backs and at the time Rose was mentioned in addition to Mendy. Maybe instead Danilo is first choice cover for both sides.

Having spent £233m on 6 defenders, and £52m on 2 keepers in about 2 years, not including already having Hart, Kompany and others, a stellar youth system, plus a handful of very pricey defensive midfielders, they shouldn't even be conceding double figures next season.

Mendy 52m

Stones 47.5m

Walker 45m

Mangala 40m

Otamendi 32m

Danilo 27m

Eduardo 35m

Bravo 17m

Pretty sure the record fee will be broken by van Dijk or  maybe Keogh soon.

What would we charge for Keogh to if a premiership club came in for him though? 

15 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

What would we charge for Keogh to if a premiership club came in for him though? 

It would have to be enough to replace him with someone better or there is no point. We have already sold two of our best players (one for absolute peanuts) let's not add a third to the list.

£6 million or over for me, I highly doubt anyone would pay it but that is what I would want.

8 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Arsenal sold Wellington Silva to Fluminense with a £3.5 million buyback clause. They have exercised that clause so they could sell him to Bordeaux for £5 million and net a £1.5 million profit.

He failed the Bordeaux medical :lol: 

?????????

On 7/24/2017 at 07:45, G STAR RAM said:

The world's supposed best manager spending over £100m on full backs.

Just proves to me that he's no management messiah.

Clichy, Zabaleta, Sagna and Kolorov were all in their 30s, past their prime and in their last year of their contract.

With so many games to juggle in the PL, CL and Cups, most top teams have fullbacks and City needed to buy 4.

What were you expecting? They bought 4 new fullbacks for a combined £10m?

The PL money has reached ridiculous levels and everyone knows City are loaded so they can hold out for a higher price.

Guardiola will have his targets, but I bet he has little say in terms of fees ans contracts.

I've been impressed by Guardiola's signings this summer. He's mostly targeted players in their early 20's. Plenty with huge potential.

City also don't need to worry about FFP. They will make loads of money through other revenue streams, not to mention the fees received or wages saved on Zabaleta, Caballero, Sagna, Clichy, Nasri, Jesus Navas, Nolito, Hart, Ntcham, Mooy and Unal leaving.

They've already recouped £40m in fees alone from those and it looks like they will get another £40m combined for Delph and Iheanacho. They still have more sellable assets in Mangala, Fernando and Otamendi.

They will probably make a net loss of about £150m on fees after this summer.

But I doubt it will be like this every summer, so I guess they will spread payments and fall in line with FFP easily enough.

That said they probably can't afford to miss out on a CL spot this season.

Archived