Forest's Greek Tragedy

Day

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, GadFly said:

Unfortunately I don't think we've got that many at Pride Park even once this season ?

Sush... dont tell them that ?

tll still look like a sell out full house compared to what they're used to.

i honestly get the riverside and the city ground mixed up these days, bascially a handful of people each with 4 red seats to themselves

2 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Sush... dont tell them that ?

tll still look like a sell out full house compared to what they're used to.

i honestly get the riverside and the city ground mixed up these days, bascially a handful of people each with 4 red seats to themselves

That's ironic, given your stadium is virtually the same 90s plastic bowl as the Riverside.

Change the colours at the Ipro and it could be the Riverside, Liberty, or the Crisp Bowl. 

Our stadium may be old but it ain't an identikit.

17 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

That's ironic, given your stadium is virtually the same 90s plastic bowl as the Riverside.

Change the colours at the Ipro and it could be the Riverside, Liberty, or the Crisp Bowl. 

I'm really surprised that nobody has tried to replicate your run down shed when building a new ground.

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

Here we go, Forest fans claiming their ground is full of character, but only a few years ago were strutting about boasting of their planned move to a new 60000 capacity stadium.

2 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

Dunno about that. Always thought it was modelled on Rochdales' Spotland but the cheaper version.

3 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

It's true that stadium design was very one dimensional for a period but you can't seriously prefer the Gump Dump to a new stadium? Having said that I'd have the BBG back in a heartbeat if that was possible. 

43 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

It's true that stadium design was very one dimensional for a period but you can't seriously prefer the Gump Dump to a new stadium? Having said that I'd have the BBG back in a heartbeat if that was possible. 

Don't want us to move at all. Not interested in being in some bowl in the middle of nowhere. No pubs, no character, no history there.. The City ground is absolutely fine for the most part. 

The fact that the majority of away fans rate it highly as one of their favourite grounds speaks volumes (probably because we gift three points so often, but thats another story..).

13 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

Don't want us to move at all. Not interested in being in some bowl in the middle of nowhere. No pubs, no character, no history there.. The City ground is absolutely fine for the most part. 

The fact that the majority of away fans rate it highly as one of their favourite grounds speaks volumes (probably because we gift three points so often, but thats another story..).

Not like a Forest fan to be talking about history...

19 minutes ago, Red_Dawn said:

when there was talk of you moving to a 60k seater stadium ( :lol: ) I was generally gutted. I would give anything for another season at Baseball Ground, and I genuinely love coming to the City Ground. As a football fan, I think clubs lose so much identity and character when moving to a generic, cost-effective, symmetrical, "architecture for beginners" stadium.

20 years at PP and we still haven't recovered.

4 hours ago, Red_Dawn said:

It aint ever full either is it lmao

Apparently 'the main stand' which is about as loose a use of the words as u could posibly imagine has been noninated to be part of the national trust it has that much flora and funghi growing from it

33 minutes ago, Moist One said:

when there was talk of you moving to a 60k seater stadium ( :lol: ) I was generally gutted. I would give anything for another season at Baseball Ground, and I genuinely love coming to the City Ground. As a football fan, I think clubs lose so much identity and character when moving to a generic, cost-effective, symmetrical, "architecture for beginners" stadium.

Thats got s*** all to do with the stadium lol

I think the hooters between The shitty ground and the train station is the biggest deciding factor

1 hour ago, Moist One said:

Recovered from what?

2 hours ago, Moist One said:

Very honest post and what ultimately I think most Derby fans think (even if they won't admit it to a red tosser like me)

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Thats got s*** all to do with the stadium lol

I think the hooters between The shitty ground and the train station is the biggest deciding factor

Not that you would ever be let in with that gopping black and white shirt on.. 

Archived